Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CW Forum Design

Change? Change? Your modern world frightens and confuses me!

Great changes!

I'd like to propose that each of the stickys that represent 'categories' for the patterns have a blurb in the first post - something similar to what I posted in the main pattern sharing forum. A reminder in each category asking people to be descriptive with the file names, outlining the naming convention like you said with frames_* and also reminding them to add a good screenshot.

Also, I liked seeing a ptn added w/o screenshot earlier and someone responded with a request for the screenshot to be included. If we police each other and helpfully remind people regularly, I think it will evolve into a much higher quality section of this great forum.

Thanks again for the recent changes. It shows a level of commitment by the staff that you don't see everywhere. A lot of companies with community forums have a real wild west feel, and the employees leave the forums to the masses.
    CWPatterns.com - Search, browse, download, all FREE!
    Spawned on 1/18/2011 - Over 700 patterns and climbing.
    This website can be used as a flotation device.
    "

I'd Like to say Thanks for the changes, and that I agree with "Doug Fletcher" and second his idea and requset not,
    to concert Png Files to jpg I think we could really improve the quality of patterns produced by some new or seasoned Carvers,
    if we could post and share good quality, and possibly even larger Png Photo Files.
    --- would really see what you could find out after the weekend.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Lynnfrwd
    Under "Carvewright Machine",Forum Tools,mark this form read ,it lights up but doesn't do any more. The rest of them work fine . Just this one won't let me mark these fourms read.
    thanks Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I guess most of you can tell we've made some changes and additions on the forum's organization. It may take a while to get things moved around. Please bare with me.

I am open to suggestions and constructive comments. Please post here and not my Inbox (fills up too fast).
    Love the changes, nice work lynnfrwd. btw sent a comment to your inbox did have to cram it in there
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

Another suggestion for the site: Install the Tapatalk plugin from http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php. It's a quickie and free plugin for Vbulletin and other popular forum scripts that ties to a phone application for iPhone, windows, blackberry, etc., (Go iPhone or go home!). Makes browsing a forum on your phone about ten thousand times better.

I don't have any experience with install/usage on a forum, but hopefully someone on staff at LHR could give this some thought and maybe look into it.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Woodman View Post
    Lynnfrwd
    Under "Carvewright Machine",Forum Tools,mark this form read ,it lights up but doesn't do any more. The rest of them work fine . Just this one won't let me mark these fourms read.
    thanks Daniel
    I'm not 100% sure I understand the issue, but it may be a timing thing because that particular forum is so big.

lIKE THE CHANGES could it be possible to put a 'PRINT BUTTON' along with the''see printable view'' under the ''thread tools'' .
    SEE PRINTABLE VIEWS
    PRINT [ button]
    I sometimes print these thread and read them while watching TV with the wife ha laugh ha
    thank you
    denny
    Last edited by dcalvin4; 01-24-2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added my name

Quote Originally Posted by dcalvin4 View Post
    lIKE THE CHANGES could it be possible to put a 'PRINT BUTTON' along with the''see printable view'' under the ''thread tools'' .
    SEE PRINTABLE VIEWS
    PRINT [ button]
    I sometimes print these thread and read them while watching TV with the wife ha laugh ha
    thank you
    denny
    Hi Denny - the printable view is as far as the browser can go I do believe. Click that and you get a full-width just-text printer-friendly version... the final step is to hit the print button in your web browser, but it sounds like you already do that.

Also thank you for the kind words about the new pattern site earlier!
    "

Another suggestion - I'm just full of 'em when it comes to websites.

LHR needs a facebook fan page. This has become a very trendy thing and your fan base can grow quickly. I think LHR has a lot of customers that in fact do NOT come to, participate in, or even know about the forums. That shady ebay cd having sold almost 50 copies shows there are some out there. Also, cwpatterns.com is starting to get organic traffic referrals from google, and in looking at the keywords and phrases used, I'm guessing they don't know about the forums here either. Facebook opens you up to a whole 'nother demographic that includes 500 million people.
    "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast