Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowes carvewright?

Default Lowes carvewright?

Anyone know what model Lowes is selling?

would it be a new version or older version?

do the offer an extended warranty with the unit?

Also my shop is not heated unless I am working in it.

I am conceren about the cold/ condensation hurting the electronics, what are you doing to protect the unit when it is stored in a unheated shop.

like to order it the next time they have 12 months no interest.

Hi Jaustin, I live in Iowa & I turn down my heat in the shop to 56 when I'm not in there. I did read that you aren't suppose to run it under 45 degrees. Right now it is 7 degrees & wind chill is -7, I don't think it gets that cold in N C.but never been there.

3. Default

I got my machine in 2007. Every winter it gets below 0. I only heat the shop when I'm working. For the last 4 years it still works perfectly. I warm up the shop and make sure the machine is plently warm before using it.

I bought my second Carvewrigt from Lowe's last March. Have not had any problems with it so far.
    I live in Central Oregon and it gets pretty cold here. I just heat my shop up to 65 degrees and works fine.
    I did purchase a 4 year extended warranty which takes effect in March after the original warranty ends.
    Hope this helps to answer your questions.

Just picked up my second machine from lowes. I called LHR before ordering and they stated only ver. C machines shipping. That's what I got the other day, Ver C
    Custom Built Quilt Hangers and Quilt Racks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemi View Post
    I bought my second Carvewrigt from Lowe's last March. Have not had any problems with it so far.
    I live in Central Oregon and it gets pretty cold here. I just heat my shop up to 65 degrees and works fine.
    I did purchase a 4 year extended warranty which takes effect in March after the original warranty ends.
    Hope this helps to answer your questions.
    I talked to customer service they didn't know if they had an extended warranty for it.
    Do you have any information on the warranty?
    So I can tell them when I go to the store if they say they don't offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by gwizpro View Post
    Just picked up my second machine from lowes. I called LHR before ordering and they stated only ver. C machines shipping. That's what I got the other day, Ver C
    Thanks customer service couldn't answer that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jaustin View Post
    I talked to customer service they didn't know if they had an extended warranty for it.
    Do you have any information on the warranty?
    So I can tell them when I go to the store if they say they don't offer it.
    I just asked for it when I ordered the machine at the Pro Desk and it showed up on my receipt.

NEW CW MACHINES ORDERED FROM LOWES (or any other dealer):
    LHR only ships the new Version C machine for any new orders placed with us.

NOTE: If the distributor (Lowe's or any other) has machines in stock, these MAY OR MAY NOT be Version C machines. If there is a question, have them give you the Serial Number of the machine they are selling you. The first letter of the serial number indicates which version you have. (A=A version; B=B version; and C=C version) This means the sales associate will need to take it out of the box and look.

MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY:
    All new machines ordered from a dealer come with a one year/200 hour manufacturer's warranty. You can add a second year/200 hour of manufacturers warranty from LHR within 90 days of purchasing your machine. (Only machines ordered from LHR come with the Minimum Warranty 30 days/10 hours and adding a Standard One Year / 200 hours or Extended Two Year/400 hours Warranty is optional.)

EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM LOWES:
    There is no agreement between Lowes and LHR for an extended warranty. They are currently offering a 2-year and 4-year extended warranty. This is solely a Lowes offering. After your 1-year/200 hour warranty runs out with LHR, you must contact Lowe's with the information provided on your agreement. It is my understanding (as of this morning), that you take your machine to Lowe's and they pay for shipping, parts and labor to the manufacturer (LHR) for repair. I was told that this is not applicable to machines used for commercial purposes. There are many other terms and conditions that apply (see agreement for details).

We have not yet had any customer use this Lowe's Extended Warranty, so we are speculating as to how exactly it will work. For more specifics and further information, please contact Lowe's, as they are the ones making this offering and responsible for your agreement.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 01-13-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added more info

Thanks for the reply. I am going this weekend to order one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast