Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question or three before buying DFX Importer

Quote Originally Posted by Carrott View Post
    Carrott,
    Your carve, on the back, is centered correctly (Centered Vertically).
    However, your drill hole, shows it was Centered Horizontally in error and then set a specific distance from Horizontal center. Go back and set the drill hole to Center vertically, and I think you will be OK.

Bud, actually... we were discussing the Carvewright DXF Importer and kinda wandered to this topic. I stated that I bought the Centerline text and attempted to make this clock. (the center of the clock is where I want it as text goes above the clock and a logo or emblum below it.)

It was the font on the clock face I wanted someone to look at. Check out the number 9 compared to the number 3. When carved it looks awefull yet all the numbers are the same depth and size in the carvewright settings.

Carrott
    You best bet there would be to choose a fixed stroke width font. But I do see what you mean. Becuase the 9 is so much "wider" than the 3, it carves deeper.
    Doug Fletcher

Default Perspective on rotate - Change Angle

Carrott,
    Your carve, on the back, is centered correctly (Centered Vertically).
    However, your drill hole, shows it was Centered Horizontally in error and then set a specific distance from Horizontal center. Go back and set the drill hole to Center vertically, and I think you will be OK.

Bud, actually... we were discussing the Carvewright DXF Importer and kinda wandered to this topic. I stated that I bought the Centerline text and attempted to make this clock. (the center of the clock is where I want it as text goes above the clock and a logo or emblum below it.)

It was the font on the clock face I wanted someone to look at. Check out the number 9 compared to the number 3. When carved it looks awefull yet all the numbers are the same depth and size in the carvewright settings.

Carrott
    Yes, I saw that problem but bypassed it in favor of the off-center hole.

It appears that you Flipped/rotated your numbers, which changed the perspective of the character.
    If you change the Angle, as shown in the attachment, your perspective will hold.
    In some cases you may need to do some resizing, but the perspective should hold.
    AskBud
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Change Angle.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	41268
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

the big atvantage I found to the dxf importer is being able to split a design among multiple boards easily. I have sign I am doing for the highschool that would have been imposible without the dxf importer. I am just waiting for the tempature to raise to be able to cut it. If you know aoutcad and are wishing to carve vector art it is money well spent in my opinion.
    Joe
    Last edited by Cabinetdesigner; 01-11-2011 at 12:58 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinetdesigner View Post
    the big atvantage I found to the dxf importer is being able to split a design among multiple boards easily. I have sign I am doing for the highschool that would have been imposible without the dxf importer. I am just waiting for the tempature to raise to be able to cut it. If you know aoutcad and are wishing to carve vector art it is money well spent in my opinion.
    Joe

Well I finally bought it, and I did manage to create a project I have been working on for a while. It did make it a lot easier.
    I will probably get back to the clock thingy by downloading a picture from the colouring pages and creating vectors with v-carve, then import it into carvewright.

Thanks to all for the help!

Carrott

Carrot let me know how it works using V- Carve then importing to the designer. I would imagine you would be import in DFX format? I would think the STL software would work also, problem no money to find out! Lol guess I should learn how to use my K2 CNC I paid $3500.00 to collect dust rather them making! I still have plastic around the Z motor!

Would you mind me asking some questions on how to get started through e-mail or maybe calling you?

Ike

Another thing I do with dxf importer is type my text in autocad then explode it and import it into deigner and this gives me more controll of my depth of the letters. I do have centerline text but sometimes I like to have options to do it different.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Carrot let me know how it works using V- Carve then importing to the designer. I would imagine you would be import in DFX format? I would think the STL software would work also, problem no money to find out! Lol guess I should learn how to use my K2 CNC I paid $3500.00 to collect dust rather them making! I still have plastic around the Z motor!

Would you mind me asking some questions on how to get started through e-mail or maybe calling you?

Ike
    Yup... I import it with the dfx software, I believe the STL importer is more for 3D images rather than 2D. Just like the cut 3D package with V-Carve.

Does this site support PMing?

Carrott

Yup... I import it with the dfx software, I believe the STL importer is more for 3D images rather than 2D. Just like the cut 3D package with V-Carve.

Does this site support PMing?

Carrott
    Yes you can PM in here!

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinetdesigner View Post
    the big advantage I found to the dxf importer is being able to split a design among multiple boards easily. I have sign I am doing for the high school that would have been impossible without the dxf importer. I am just waiting for the temperature to raise to be able to cut it. If you know aoutcad and are wishing to carve vector art it is money well spent in my opinion.
    Joe
    I am resurrecting this old post as I now have a big interest in the DXF importer after seeing it work in MT's Video of Tips and Tricks... Doing a project over a few boards has my interest peeked.... So how did the multi board project work out?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I am resurrecting this old post as I now have a big interest in the DXF importer after seeing it work in MT's Video of Tips and Tricks... Doing a project over a few boards has my interest peeked.... So how did the multi board project work out?

AL
    Al
    The programing turned out great, however I have not ran any of them yet, they keep changing the design and I have other projects that keep getting in the way. I am glad you posted this. When I read this I instantly said oh crap I forgot about that project

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast