Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordering parts in Canada

Thanks everyone for your help.
    I think the US website requires a little tweeking too. I am not able to order on line because there is no provision for a postal code or province. Since I don't have the time during their operating hours to make a phone call I may be down for a while .
    I was able to buy my machine (several years ago) in Victoria BC at a store called House of Tools. Unfortunately they sold out to KMS tools and they don't have any Carvewright stuff at all. I wish someone would take up the slack.
    Anyway, thanks again everyone. This is a wonderful forum!

Rob

Just another thing I meant to include in my last post: We Canadians can't even contact customer support through this forum. Again, their page requires a US state and zip code. No provision for non US citizens I'm afraid.
    It's beginning to feel real lonely out here.....
    In the great white north.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    You are asking the same questions I have been asking. I would love to see that Canadian link and the website GONE. I would also love to see a STORE Login link next to the Customer Login link in top right of our website. No one here seems to be able to do it.
    Lynn,

Did your WEB master or the person(s) who set up your site go away?
    The Canada link should be just a code that can be removed from the page. if you are talking about the STORE login as being the one we use to buy patterns and the available parts though the store that is just a matter of copying or moving that code to the page where you want it.

I even bet there are plenty of people here that know how to do such a thing.. (not me! I just know enough to get myself lost..LOL).....
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfaced View Post
    Just another thing I meant to include in my last post: We Canadians can't even contact customer support through this forum. Again, their page requires a US state and zip code. No provision for non US citizens I'm afraid.
    It's beginning to feel real lonely out here.....
    In the great white north.
    Send emails to sales@carvewright.com, info@carvewright.com; support@carvewright.com or marketing@carvewright.com

It is a programming issue with the top menu section of our website and I like FWHarris, know just enough to be dangerous. I can manage the rest of the pages without too much difficulty. Programming the software that manages our store and other databases is beyond my ability and access.

Beerfaced...if it is a part, we can help you out...also Canadians ARE ordering themselves from the online store. You can select your Canadian Territory from the drop down list for state and put in your zip code. It's been working that way for quite awhile. You may need to re-register on the STORE to see those options. Again, call us and we can help you out.

Default Ordering parts in Canada

I've tried to put most of the necessary data in one post, in case you want to make a bookmark.
    AskBud
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Send emails to sales@carvewright.com, info@carvewright.com; support@carvewright.com or marketing@carvewright.com

There is a programming issue with the top menu section of our website and I like FWHarris, know just enough to be dangerous. I can manage the rest of the pages without too much difficulty. Programming the software that manages our store and other databases is beyond my ability and access.

Parts:
    ...if it is a part, we can help you out...also Canadians ARE ordering themselves from the online store. You can select your Canadian Territory from the drop down list for state and put in your zip code. It's been working that way for quite awhile. You may need to re-register on the STORE to see those options. Again, call us and we can help you out.

CarveWright (LHR - US) does ship parts to Canada. The only item we cannot ship is the machine due to it being over the 70 lb weight limit set by the US Postal Service. This of course includes the CarveTight Service Upgrade where you send the machine to us for us to make the installation, but not the CarveTight Spindle itself, which can be installed by our customers. It does take longer and is more expensive than continental US shipping costs (about $35 for most), because we send it with a USPS tracking. So, take full advantage of that shipping charge and order other items you believe you may need in the near future as the cost does not increase for several pounds.

Since I know you will ask, we are still working to find a better solution and one that allows you to purchase the machine from Canada.
    You are asking the same questions I have been asking. I would love to see that Canadian link and the website GONE. I would also love to see a STORE Login link next to the Customer Login link in top right of our website. No one here seems to be able to do it.

Sending USPS to Canada may not be the only method, but it seems to be the best method. Other options such as UPS may be available, but these would be on a case by case basis and you would need to call us. In deciding which method to use, I sure we must consider lots of variables such as cost of shipping, time until delivery, ability to track the order, potential duties or taxes, and whatever else...

I am not privy to the discussions with Lowe's, Sears or any potential Canadian distributor or how that all works. Word this morning was that "we are still working on it".

I promise to let you know something as soon as I do and as soon as available.
    Last edited by AskBud; 01-13-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default Many thanks once again

I read everyone's posts and I managed to figure out how to order on line. My parts order is now being processed ... I couldn't be happier!
    I truly appreciate the help from all who responded to this thread.

Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12