Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering parts in Canada

Default Ordering parts in Canada

I know a lot of machines are located in Canada but I find it odd that I can't order parts from Carvewright as they won't ship out of the US. I looked at the Canadian website for Carvewright and they don't seem to have the new Carvetight spindle system that I want.
    Does anyone know what a Canadian can do to get these parts?
    My machine is down until I find some way to replace the QC.

Thanks

Im pretty sure rjustice (make of the ROCK) ship to Canada. That is an option at least.
    Doug Fletcher

Yeah, I may have to go that route. I was hoping to use Carvewright parts though.
    Thanks for the help.

I wouldn't advise using the Canadian CW site. They are no longer a CW distributor and there have been complaints from other Canadians in the past that they paid for parts and did not receive their orders. I would suggest you call LHR (Carvewright USA) and see if they will ship the parts directly to you.

5. Default

Just be careful for the duties and the double check the duties paperwork when the bill comes in. We ordered the rubber belt (99USD+35USD shipping) from LHR and stuck with a $200 duties charge from UPS sent a week later. The problem was that the spare part had a value of zero but the GST/HST was 119.21CAD. They back calculated the value to be $917 for the part and set the duty charge relative to that. We bitterly paid it to move on because it was associated with a larger project.

Have you tried Normand (www.normand.ca). I believe they picked up where CW Canada left off.
    Last edited by Paul McGrath; 01-10-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Added Normand

CarveWright (LHR - US) does ship parts to Canada. The only item we cannot ship is the machine due to it being over the 70 lb weight limit set by the US Postal Service. This of course includes the CarveTight Service Upgrade where you send the machine to us for us to make the installation, but not the CarveTight Spindle itself, which can be installed by our customers. It does take longer and is more expensive than continental US shipping costs (about $35 for most), because we send it with a USPS tracking. So, take full advantage of that shipping charge and order other items you believe you may need in the near future as the cost does not increase for several pounds.

Since I know you will ask, we are still working to find a better solution and one that allows you to purchase the machine from Canada.

We no longer ship UPS to Canada. Parts are sent to Canada using USPS.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    We no longer ship UPS to Canada. Parts are sent to Canada using USPS.
    Lynn, you can see that the link you have on your web site for Canadian customers is still creating problems. I am puzzled why it seems to be such an insurmountable technical problem to have it removed. I am also puzzled why, if you have customers who want to buy your product, you wouldn't allow them to choose their own carrier to have it shipped to them. People have items much larger and heavier than a CW machine shipped all the time. Why restrict your potential sales?

On a more positive note, I found ordering parts from LHR to be a delight. The staff was helpful and efficient and I received my parts in about two weeks. But if one is desperate to have their parts quickly, it would be nice to give them the option to go FedEx or whatever if they are willing to pay the extra expense.

If Lowes is carrying the machine in the US, why won't they also carry it in Canada? Or Sears?

You have been forthcoming in the past, Lynn. Can you let us know how the Canadian distributer deal is going?
    Frederick Potter
    Editions by Frederick
    http://www.editionsbyfrederick.com

Keep 98% of the dust out of your machine with this free dust collector:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...e-final-answer

You are asking the same questions I have been asking. I would love to see that Canadian link and the website GONE. I would also love to see a STORE Login link next to the Customer Login link in top right of our website. No one here seems to be able to do it.

Sending USPS to Canada may not be the only method, but it seems to be the best method. Other options such as UPS may be available, but these would be on a case by case basis and you would need to call us. In deciding which method to use, I sure we must consider lots of variables such as cost of shipping, time until delivery, ability to track the order, potential duties or taxes, and whatever else...

I am not privy to the discussions with Lowe's, Sears or any potential Canadian distributor or how that all works. Word this morning was that "we are still working on it".

I promise to let you know something as soon as I do and as soon as available.

10. Default

Lynn, has your shipping department looked into air freight? It's is fast and way less than UPS. Of course there are now a few hoops to jump through since 9-11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast