Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Book frame

Default Book frame

What is it about grandbabies that makes us love carving frames like this.

Here is a frame with a book motif i made for the baby pics.

Feel free to carve away and show us your stuff if you wish ...
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 05-26-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Very nicely done and thanks for the download.

Bob

Very cool! How did you do the surfacing? I'm running Designer 1.115 and can only see the snowflakes, holly, text, your grandson's picture, and the rectangle marking the pages.

Thanks!
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt
    Very cool! How did you do the surfacing? I'm running Designer 1.115 and can only see the snowflakes, holly, text, your grandson's picture, and the rectangle marking the pages.

Thanks!
    Me too, I think the page crease is an illusion. I'm tempted to try carving it just to see. If you try to reduce the size, it doesn't move with the perimeter.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I added splines to the end of the board in the y/x axis to make the curved page, not sure if you can do this. but figured you guys could look at the project to check and see.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 05-26-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Very clever indeed! I never realized that you could add geometry to the side. I'm wondering how this would carve as the spline geometry is carved with the cut out tool, but Designer does render it properly on screen.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

I'm gonna try just the book in draft in a little bit. I'll post a pic if it works.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Excellent, very nice well done.
    Bill.
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

Default Edge geometry?

I have not been able to add geometry to the side. How is this done?

Thanks,

Henry

Ok, now for the bad news. To start with, it broke my bit! I loaded it to the card with auto jig because I couldn't resize the MPC file. The machine required 15 1/2" which of course we can't do. MC askes " scale to width"? OK
    1/8" 'Carving'?? bit? OK Install 1/8" cutoff bit. Project carves a rectangular outline 13/16" deep all around. Nothing more. Last pass it was going even deeper and I had my hand on the stop but too late. Carve time was 25 min. just for the outline and that was what the upload said supposidly for the whole book with no internal embelishments.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast