Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I do not think there are really any "add on" components. All features are already present in the Designer program and just need to be "turned on". The new features seem to be part of the tool bar system and so I assume they will be a part of the base Designer.
    The only reason I worded it the way I did is because once upon a time features like "center-line text" were IN designer... and then later pulled out as a standalone item. Conforming vectors is another item that could be argued as "not separate from designer"... after all, it is just a simply check-box for the designer gui point of view. But in order to be able to use the check box, you had to buy conforming vectors.
    Doug Fletcher

Looks like something that could be handy to have available ... Just hope they don't try and charge $ 200 + for it... We need a bone once and a while, hope it's just an update for designer ... Like now I can use DXF,,, but at the current price it's a bit out-a reach for me rite now... If it were $ 99 I could swing it... Same with sum of the other stuff... Sometimes U make more profit for selling more downloads for less.. I would have all the software if it wasn't so pricey ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Quote Originally Posted by ktjwilliams View Post
    Looks like something that could be handy to have available ... Just hope they don't try and charge $ 200 + for it... We need a bone once and a while, hope it's just an update for designer ... Like now I can use DXF,,, but at the current price it's a bit out-a reach for me rite now... If it were $ 99 I could swing it... Same with sum of the other stuff... Sometimes U make more profit for selling more downloads for less.. I would have all the software if it wasn't so pricey ...
    I agree. I am biding my time for the importers. Want them and could use them but a little too steep. I got all the rest though.
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

The way Connie put it in another post. I think we will be purchasing new suites.

"Here is the info on the new software:
    **Introducing the New Pattern Modeling Suite**
    Exclusive introduction to CW's newest software and how to use revolves, sweeps, extrudes, and puffing to create your own patterns.

**Introducing the New Vector Drawing Suite**

Another exclusive for conference attendees to explore new tools such as splines, offset path, and import image tracing"

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    The way Connie put it in another post. I think we will be purchasing new suites.

"Here is the info on the new software:
    **Introducing the New Pattern Modeling Suite**
    Exclusive introduction to CW's newest software and how to use revolves, sweeps, extrudes, and puffing to create your own patterns.

**Introducing the New Vector Drawing Suite**

Another exclusive for conference attendees to explore new tools such as splines, offset path, and import image tracing"

That is correct. This is not just an update to the Project Designer Software. It is my understanding these are add-ons and I do not know the price yet.

They are pretty cool!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    That is correct. This is not just an update to the Project Designer Software. It is my understanding these are add-ons and I do not know the price yet.

They are pretty cool!
    Should have known......

From what I have seen and I am hearing, this will be a great improvement. And knowing programming, plus the effort put into doing this improvement is not cheap. Somethings need to have a cost associated to it. This looks like it is new features, not the basics of designer. Try buying Moi3D, ZBrush, or Aspire and see what they want for these same features. This will open the door to everyone wishing to make their own patterns, and probably without the high price I and others have paid to do these things.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

So I am wrong again, they are add ons. Look at the up side: at least you only have to buy an "add on" once. Imagine if you had to pay for each upgrade of Designer.

Since this is the wish list after all. Maybe we could wish for the earlier "add ons" to become part of the base Designer as new add ons are offered. That way, users who cannot afford to finance the software R&D are not totally left out. (Also, it may start to seem a bit ridiculous if a new buyer has to buy like 8 add ons to complete the software.)

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    There is a way. See the mpc. Adding a dome and its invert so the curves sort of cancel. But I agree, inclines would be a nice feature to have added.
    T
    Thanks for the tip Bergerud. That will work for the project that I need to do.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Couldn't resist giving you a sneak preview...testing new upgrade/advanced features, coming soon to a user near you! Look in the middle of the carve region on the screenshot below (I intentionally blurred out a few menu items for the time being)...the left shape was done using Tilt...the right shape done using Extrude. Oh man...wait and see what else is comin' up!
    I know you do most of your designing in Aspire, Michael, could you give an estimate of how much of the things you had to use Aspire for because designer didn't do them you will now be able to do?

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast