Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    How about flat surfaces. ie. top dome or bottom dome that is straight from the low end to the high end rather than curved. Maybe there is another way to do this from with in designer but I don't know how.
    There is a way. See the mpc. Adding a dome and its invert so the curves sort of cancel. But I agree, inclines would be a nice feature to have added.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    ...But I agree, inclines would be a nice feature to have added.
    Couldn't resist giving you a sneak preview...testing new upgrade/advanced features, coming soon to a user near you! Look in the middle of the carve region on the screenshot below (I intentionally blurred out a few menu items for the time being)...the left shape was done using Tilt...the right shape done using Extrude. Oh man...wait and see what else is comin' up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tilt-and-Extrude_New_Tools.jpg  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Very cool. I hope you are not in trouble! These will be welcome new features. Wishlist items come true.

They are finally doing it! I guess they still do listen to us! Now if they would add concave and convex curve to the feather we would have everything we need - until we think of more.
    Thanks for the preview!
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    couldn't resist giving you a sneak preview...testing new upgrade/advanced features, coming soon to a user near you! Look in the middle of the carve region on the screenshot below (i intentionally blurred out a few menu items for the time being)...the left shape was done using tilt...the right shape done using extrude. Oh man...wait and see what else is comin' up!
    oh you lucky testers!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Oh man...wait and see what else is comin' up!
    The first thing I did with the "new" features was to make a waving flag... using angled extruded splines & copy-offset w/ indent for the 50 stars. It literally takes about 2 minutes to make in designer.

I'll also add that whatever you 'see' or 'hear' about changes are not guaranteed and may never make it into an actual release. Software stability and compatibility are paramount to any 'cool' do-dads that are rumored. Rest assured that, as always, announcements will be made at the appropriate time as a product becomes available.
    Last edited by RMarkey; 05-23-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Man looks cool can't wait for us regular users to get a chance to test that out.

When the new software becomes available will we be able to upgrade with all the new features with no charge or will we have to buy it piece by piece?

Historically changes to designer have been free. Add-on components have been at an additional fee. That is not to say any of this wont change in the future.
    Doug Fletcher

I do not think there are really any "add on" components. All features are already present in the Designer program and just need to be "turned on". The new features seem to be part of the tool bar system and so I assume they will be a part of the base Designer.

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast