Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Conforming vectors was implemented to resolve the issue of not being able to put centerline text into a carve region.
    Conforming vectors was actually made after a request for making curved frets on guitars and violins...

I still want to hear of any examples of where the wish list has produced a wish come true.
    Your wish is now acttivated.

As a GUI tester i like to say that LHR has made huge inprovements over the 2009 to 2011 year.
    I look foward to seeing 2012 tools, I would keep the ideas and request flowing- I think you never know whats in store for the future from Carvewright.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 02-08-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chevytrucking View Post
    1. I'd like to be able to have my board view be vertical with just a click. When you're trying to orient a pattern(s) to take adavantage of grain, it sure would be nice to be able to see the project from dead straight on vertically instead of trying to rotate it around and around.

2. There needs to be a faster way to upload a mpc to the card. Mine is unbelievably slow.

3. There should be a way to estimate carve time from designer at any time during a project. I'd like to be able to see how certain elements affect carve time as I go, then maybe make design changes based on that.

4. I'd like to be able to work on a project in 2d. A lot of the time the 3d shadow effect makes it look like things are crooked or not matching side to side. Being able to toggle 2d to 3d would be nice for layout.
    2. not that slow if your projects are designed to carve quickly.

3. the software needs to compile tool paths like if you render a 3d image. I think this is normal for Cad programs tool path options.

4. ues the non perspective view in top menue.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 02-08-2012 at 10:45 PM.

increased speeds/more efficient carving
    better quality rasters
    many pattern editor improvements
    improved carving priority/order
    definable tabs/selectable cut depths
    assistance for the blind
    improved documentation/videos
    CarveTight
    CO2 Cars
    STL/DXF
    Pattern/project licensing & store
    I know a lot of work went into just the simple vector tools paths, a big inprovment.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    4. ues the non perspective view in top menue.
    I've tried the "Toggle Perspective View" option in the view menu, but I can't tell that it does anything. It looks the same either way to me. Is that what you're talking about?
    Last edited by chevytrucking; 02-09-2012 at 08:52 AM.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Chevytrucking,
    I've done a lot of testing on the problem below, and unfortunately the hardware design of the card reader/writer is such that we're going as fast as we can, which is about 40-50kb/s.

"2. There needs to be a faster way to upload a mpc to the card. Mine is unbelievably slow."

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    Chevytrucking,
    I've done a lot of testing on the problem below, and unfortunately the hardware design of the card reader/writer is such that we're going as fast as we can, which is about 40-50kb/s.

"2. There needs to be a faster way to upload a mpc to the card. Mine is unbelievably slow."

Version D should be designed to use a standard USB thumb drive instead of a memory card.

On the presoective view: if you want to see what a piece will look like to your eye, keep it in prespective view, but if you want to line something up to a nat's eyebrow and your snap is set to 1/8", turn perspective off.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Ok, I played with perspective view some more, might help a little I guess. What I want to add the wishlist though is a flat out 2d toggle. I'd like to be able to make a project look like it's on paper or in blueprint form, then toggle back to 3d. I've got a home design program that works like that and I love that feature.

Hi,

I understand that designer and any of it's add-ons are neither CAD or CAM programs and that's perfectly alwright. I assume they will never be either. I've read quite a few interesting posts here and learn a few things in the process.

Here is my wish list:
    1- A mean to setup a tool database with control over the feed rate, depth of cut, bit profile possibly, etc. I don't even mind if designer doesn't show what it would do to the board.
    2- A mean to import 3D vectors and or "toolpaths" in the form of DXF files or any other standard format. The Z value would automatically be used as the depth of cut at minimum and we could just assign any bit we want assuming as well we would also have control over feed rate at minimum.
    3. Better yet IMHO, a full fledge g-code interpreter. This in conjunction with a flexible tool database would provide full control over what the machine does and how it does it. I assume, somekind of mpc would need to be generated.

With 1 and 2 I'd be very happy and with 1 and 3 it would be awsome.

edit: One last thing, it would be nice of LHR to provide the mpc file format in detail. This would allow all sort of things to happen. For instance, I've found a gpl g-code interpreter written in C++ and all would be needed basically is to convert it's output into a mpc file directly. Something like AI2MPC does basically.

Thanks,
    Felix
    Last edited by FelixPQ; 02-16-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post

3. There should be a way to estimate carve time from designer at any time during a project. I'd like to be able to see how certain elements affect carve time as I go, then maybe make design changes based on that.

{reply}

3. the software needs to compile tool paths like if you render a 3d image. I think this is normal for Cad programs tool path options.
    I think all he is asking for is a way to ask it to estimate carve time without having to have the card inserted, not having is constantly shown in real time. I mentioned this in a post a while back. This would allow you to do something and then ask it to calculate carve time. This would be extremely helpful in understanding how different design actions affect carve time.

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast