Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Yes Bud, that's what I do. Anyway, the original wish of cestout was for and easy cross section feature. This is a perfect example of a feature with would be easy to implement but has not been done. All the programmers have to do is automate features which already exist. The board edge display and the board width features are already there.

I still want to hear of any examples of where the wish list has produced a wish come true.

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Perhaps you are asking about something like this.
    AskBud
    Attachment 51187
    Attachment 51188
    You would happen to have a 2 side saddle or english saddle
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    You would happen to have a 2 side saddle or english saddle
    Sorry, Not me!
    Bud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Yes Bud, that's what I do. Anyway, the original wish of cestout was for and easy cross section feature. This is a perfect example of a feature with would be easy to implement but has not been done. All the programmers have to do is automate features which already exist. The board edge display and the board width features are already there.

I still want to hear of any examples of where the wish list has produced a wish come true.
    I'd say the CarveTight (CT)Chuck would be an example. The easy things take just a while, the impossible takes a while longer. I would think every error and every question gets its share of consideration and, possibly, a place on the bucket list (albeit far down, in some cases). I'll bet that frequently gets stirred from time to time and many of the "fixes" have been mentioned some where on the wish list at one time or another.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

fwharris: Thank you. But is conforming vectors really an example? Who suggested it I wonder? Interesting example though since it was probability difficult to implement and it became a money making add on. Are there any more examples?

jaroot: I just change the board width to smaller values and see the cross section right away. Sometimes I have to move things near the edge.
    Conforming vectors was implemented to resolve the issue of not being able to put centerline text into a carve region. I know there were a lot of carvers asking/begging for this with several using a work around of doing 2 different carves. First carve for the region area then second carve with a jog to touch into the region. Agree that it was probably a good amount of programing time to implement it and the reason for it being a pay for feature.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I understand the conforming vector thing. It was important for sign making which is big. It is the little things I wonder about. Little changes which would take very little to implement yet do not seem to happen.

For example, let me add on the the list: I would like to be able to change the names of objects in the carving list. When you click on a name, it turns blue like in any windows program, but, when you type in a new name it does not take. It would really be nice for organizing complicated lists. The implementation of this would be trivial since it is already part of the windows object properties. Will it happen?

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Many suggestions have been implemented in both the designer and the machine. Software and hardware changes as well.

For example:

many new bits
    increased speeds/more efficient carving
    better quality rasters
    many pattern editor improvements
    improved carving priority/order
    definable tabs/selectable cut depths
    assistance for the blind
    improved documentation/videos
    CarveTight
    CO2 Cars
    STL/DXF
    Pattern/project licensing & store
    etc.

You suggestions are always welcomed and influence our direction as we move toward the future!

Default Re Name

I understand the conforming vector thing. It was important for sign making which is big. It is the little things I wonder about. Little changes which would take very little to implement yet do not seem to happen.

For example, let me add on the the list: I would like to be able to change the names of objects in the carving list. When you click on a name, it turns blue like in any windows program, but, when you type in a new name it does not take. It would really be nice for organizing complicated lists. The implementation of this would be trivial since it is already part of the windows object properties. Will it happen?
    Try again!
    In both the carving List, and the Pattern Library, you may change the name of items.
    You highlight as normal, Right Click, and select the RENAME option. Type in your new name, and then press ENTER. The ENTER completes the process.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

I stand corrected! Thanks Bud. It does work one way but not the normal windows way. (It still should be fixed!)

And thanks Metallus, we need to know someone is listening and considering what we suggest. It just seems at times that there are a lot of good suggestions and few get implemented.

is LHR compiling a list from these suggestions? If so, then publishing that list here periodically and noting whether implementing them would be easy, moderate or hard along with whether they are under consideration for the next major or minor release would allow the users to give feedback (vote) on what should be priority.

Is there a list of planned features and proposed time frame for coming major and minor releases?

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast