Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    That is not a useless function; it looks like it is used to set up the binary codes in the CW machine's controller. It is like installing a program in your computer.
    Can you explain your thinking a bit more? As most of us have discovered, we never really need to change bits before the proejct starts the carve. And then when we get the depth mismatch prompt when we insert the real bit during the carve, we just can say continue. It still looks like it is a saftey check from my perspective since all project will still work fine even if you intentionally skip the bit swaps at the start of the project.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    Can you explain your thinking a bit more? As most of us have discovered, we never really need to change bits before the proejct starts the carve. And then when we get the depth mismatch prompt when we insert the real bit during the carve, we just can say continue. It still looks like it is a saftey check from my perspective since all project will still work fine even if you intentionally skip the bit swaps at the start of the project.
    It's true you do not need to change bits, but the controller will set the bit height to all the same setting when your pattern loads into the controller. We did that back in 2007, but if the bit is extended long then using a short bit like the 1/2 inch rounder over - the machine tries to carve through the board. Now the machine asks if you want to continue.
    I did that in the early years, just left the carving bit in for all first loads, when I placed the ½ inch rounder over bit in the machine it carved a 2 inch grove through the board before the machine gave me an error message and stopped.
    Most of the time it worked great, but one time is enough. Very hard on that old CW.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Not sure if there is an option for this...but it would be nice to scale objects ie patterns up or down in scale as a percentage...for example I am making some moulding profiles in 3d software a straight peice a corner peice and a curved peice...as is when brought in with the stl importer they all join up perfectly in designer but if I go to resize in designer to make smaller or larger it requires quite a bit of tweaking...it can be done but would be so much faster to be able to highlight the pattern (mouling profile) and type in say -50% to both peices being joined and bang done..reduced in the xy andz axis.similar to when you bring the object in in the stl importer....I know you can drag the handle in the corner..but would be very nice to type the value to get things precise
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

I'm not the best in designer so often times my board size is larger than needed. Once I finalise my project I want to resize the board obviously to cut down on wasted
    wood. Designer 'shrinks' the board from one side/end often moving my project off the board. Not a biggy if I only have 1 pattern but with multiple patterns/mpc to have
    manually relocate and position it is a real pain.Would a lot easier if designer split the board size change, whether adding or subtracting, to keep a deisgn centered/as
    originaly placed.
    Rick H

The way I have got around this issue it to always create an attachment for each design element to the centerlines of the project board. That way you can resize your board with out messing up the layout.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    I'm not the best in designer so often times my board size is larger than needed. Once I finalise my project I want to resize the board obviously to cut down on wasted
    wood. Designer 'shrinks' the board from one side/end often moving my project off the board. Not a biggy if I only have 1 pattern but with multiple patterns/mpc to have
    manually relocate and position it is a real pain.Would a lot easier if designer split the board size change, whether adding or subtracting, to keep a deisgn centered/as
    originaly placed.
    Rick H
    You can do that, right click on the edge of the board and "Select All", you can then resize your MPC or resize your board - your patterns need to be unlocked from the board.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Select all.jpg  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 01-02-2011 at 12:30 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Default Edit many drill holed in one pass

Here is a link where we are discussing the Edit of "Drilled" holes.
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...434#post145434
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default Drilled Holes and Making Mass Changes

This AVI lesson file shows what we can do and what we/I would like , in order the improve the process.
    AskBud
    OK,
    I've uploades the AVI lesson on "Drilled Holes and Making Mass Changes"!
    Drop down to my "Download" link, below, and click on the title.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Thanks, Bud - I watched carefully to see what behaviors varied for you and only found one thing different.
    First, when you click on your screen, the cursor shows a little blue or red "splat", depending on right click or left click. If you're using a Mac, that is probably a difference in your operating system. If you're using Windows, maybe that suggests I have a issue.

In testing the double clicking in order to edit multiple entries - I discovered you need to be careful. If I double click over one of the items in the group, the first click effectively de-selects all of the items in the group, leaving only the item I clicked to edit on the second click. If I double click somewhere within the bounding box of the group but not over one of the items in the group OR if I click on the dead center of the item, the I am able to edit each item successively. I imagine this is in the design and not a bug, but it caught me up for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Thanks, Bud - I watched carefully to see what behaviors varied for you and only found one thing different.
    First, when you click on your screen, the cursor shows a little blue or red "splat", depending on right click or left click. If you're using a Mac, that is probably a difference in your operating system. If you're using Windows, maybe that suggests I have a issue.

In testing the double clicking in order to edit multiple entries - I discovered you need to be careful. If I double click over one of the items in the group, the first click effectively de-selects all of the items in the group, leaving only the item I clicked to edit on the second click. If I double click somewhere within the bounding box of the group but not over one of the items in the group OR if I click on the dead center of the item, the I am able to edit each item successively. I imagine this is in the design and not a bug, but it caught me up for a minute.
    brdad,
    No tricks involved! The Red & Blue flashes are embedded in my recording program (HyperCam) to show Mouse Clicks. They have nothing to do with CW.

The key to the mass Edit attempts is to "Select all". From there, once you click on one of the holes the sequence takes you to each hole on the highlighted design. You need to be careful not to go fast on the clicks, as when it returns to the old setting, you must re-do your new setting and continue. If you bypass one you may do the sequence again and stop on the one the still needs changed.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast