Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Default font size

I have a ruler that specifies the font size in points and I am familiar with the difference. It is no big deal and I can live with the program as it is. Just an "addition to the wish list".

Jeff has done an outstanding job starting this thread and I have learned much from it.

Thumbs up CarveWright, The Next Generation

It will be interesting to see the pro version of designer and after looking and using many CNC programs ,Designer is still the easiest to create a simple sign in combing text and a vectorart model.I look forward to being able to import and export g-code,I hope they include post processors for the g-coder or an customizable post processors that can made for a paticular cnc.I'm really looking forward to the carvewright II,where the designers can bring all that they have learned to bare on the next generation of machines and make at least say a semi-professional or pro version machine with total contols over carving ,but yet the ability to leave on auto pilot if so desired and with all that in mind, a machine that is made for higher produuction would be nice as well .I can see the Carvewright II being a hybrid 1/2 cnc and 1/2 Carvewright, still maintainng the ability to create tool paths from grayscale models,but also converting that into true cnc X,Y,Z coordinates.This machine will cost more ,but manufactured and programmed as I know LHR can do, it will be well worth the added cost.In order to keep as many novice machinest buying the machine, it may be necessary to keep an improved Carvewright I available and at the lowest possibe entry level price, and make the exciting world of CNC available to every small shop and woodworker out there.Keep up the good work !
    Ben

Found myself working around this little problem while working with a sled...

It would be handy to edit the tabs height when working on a cut out, so you can safely cut out a part from a stacked work piece.

I hope i didnt miss this somewhere.
    Wes

While on the thread about the Probe and editing the pattern the probe's scan, it occurs to me that that same Pattern Editor used for the Probe should be made available to do some Pattern rendering and editing that already exist within Designer. That should be an easy one to allow without a lot of programing.

Bob

Addendum: It's been pointed out that this option already exists for those that have the Probe and it's Pattern editor active. You just have to close the Probe option when opening the editor and you have access to FILE, OPEN and browse to any pattern that you have saved on your system or within Designer (export it from Designer). I just didn't get beyond the Download Scan Window. But if you do not have the Flash Card in its Dongle, you can just go directly to FILE, OPEN.
    Last edited by BobHill; 08-17-2007 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Update

Along with the improved maintance manual, they could add what possible errors there are, what they mean and the possible fixes.

Maybe Carvewright could make their own downdraft table for sale.

T-Shirts and hats maybe?

Default Board-measurement override

It would be most helpful to have a board-measurement override, where the user could simply jog to a spot, place the bit tip on the board and have it carve from that spot.

[QUOTE=dominulus;29968]It would be most helpful to have a board-measurement override, where the user could simply jog to a spot, place the bit tip on the board and have it carve from that spot.[/QUOTE

I agree, this would be a very helpful feature !
    Ben

Default create vector surface by sweeping/ rotating a profile

I would like to be able to draw a 2d profile, like for a crown mold, then have the profile swept for a specified distance. A profile rotated would make nice moldings and rosettes.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

That would be a good one too, Mike, although 3D from CAD type programs would really work for crown moldings as well as other purposes.

Bob

Default Pattern Editor

It would be nice for the pattern editor and designer to be able to export in STL,DFX format ,so other machines could use the patterns.
    Thanks,
    Ben

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast