Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Between the three of us, I think we just reinvented a wooden Fan!
    I think your right. However, thanks you very much. I really think this will work. The blade doesn't need to have a pitch to it, because I will drill a hole from end to end for a rod to fit through. The rod will fit on two bike wheels that are on a shaft that is hooked up to a earth magnet alterntor. I'm hoping it will turn in 4 to 15 mph wind, and generate some power.
    Once I have it built I'll take a few pictures and post them.
    Thank you again Ken and everyone else that has helped.
    I'm on my way to free power, maybe. LOL

Smile Turning board 90 degrees

Use the rotate tool to turn the board close to 90 then click on the squaring tool and it will position the board at exactly 90 degrees.
    Ron Baird Ottawa, Ontario (summer)
    Rockport, Texas (winter)
    Beta Tester since Jan. 2005

Default Drilling a 15 " Straight Hole

John,

One more thought, first carving could cut two halves on one side of a board while the second carving could cut 1/4" by 1/8" flutes in the back of the board,
    flip one around and glue them together to form the foil with a 1/4" x 1/4" hole from one end to the other with out trying to drill a 15" staright hole the length of the foil.
    I think it would save time and be more accurate. like I said just a thought.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Edge View 1a.jpg   Edge View 2a.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    John,

One more thought, first carving could cut two halves on one side of a board while the second carving could cut 1/4" by 1/8" flutes in the back of the board,
    flip one around and glue them together to form the foil with a 1/4" x 1/4" hole from one end to the other with out trying to drill a 15" staright hole the length of the foil.
    I think it would save time and be more accurate. like I said just a thought.
    Great idea, I'll use it. I really didn't think of using the carver to make the lenght hole, but that would work just fine. I'll do that tonight and get it glued up. Thanks again.

Thumbs up wish list

I wish CW would have designed a set of fonts just for the center line .Also wish a senior member would moderate a forum on the center line . It seems to me it wouldn't take a lot for CW to fix center line to carve in a reccessed area . Just my wish...
    http://william.bowen.com/:)
    ("There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    - Herbert Spencer )

6. Default

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but, I'd like to be able to control cut path depths so I am able to add tabs using a cut path without worrying about cutting up my sled.

RFMorris,
    To limit through cutting damage to your sled, if all your path cuts are inside the wood boundary, then you can make the sled with it's center missing, having the wood rest solidly on an edge solid enough to hold the wood. This will work as long as the total depth is less than 1" counting the sled edgle. Cut path will make the automatic tabs

Having said all that, you CAN set a depth to your select bit (straight 1/8" without it going all the way through, but, of course, you'd have to use a knife to cut through and do the final clean up. If you do the above with a missing center edge to your sled, you also can set the cut depth and assign your own tabs. Since there is no bottom, the machine doesn't know that and will cut through the wood just like it would to a depth with wood still below it on a thicker piece.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill View Post
    RFMorris,
    To limit through cutting damage to your sled, if all your path cuts are inside the wood boundary, then you can make the sled with it's center missing, having the wood rest solidly on an edge solid enough to hold the wood. This will work as long as the total depth is less than 1" counting the sled edgle. Cut path will make the automatic tabs

Having said all that, you CAN set a depth to your select bit (straight 1/8" without it going all the way through, but, of course, you'd have to use a knife to cut through and do the final clean up. If you do the above with a missing center edge to your sled, you also can set the cut depth and assign your own tabs. Since there is no bottom, the machine doesn't know that and will cut through the wood just like it would to a depth with wood still below it on a thicker piece.

Bob
    Actually that won't work as the tabs would be in the missing part of the sled, not the bottom of the project.
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"

Amonaug,

Note that I have outlined TWO procedures. The top is using the CUT PATH method ... with missing center to the sled. Cut path will go to depth of the wood, which in this case would include the depth of the wood AND the depth of the sled, which then must total not more than 1" as that is the limit of the CUT PATH function.

The second procedure using both a full bottom and center cut bottom sled is using the SELECT BIT and allowing that to cut the wood to any depth you wish to set. This, however means, that if you are using the no center method sled, you have to make your own tabs in the path. Do you know how to do that?

Bob Hill

I'm not sure if this is what you guys are talking about
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sled.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast