Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Thumbs up Drag & Drop - You CAN

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo67 View Post
    I was able to create a new category (right click on "Favorites" or one of its sub-categories and select "New"). This only works in the "Favorites" tree and its branches. To drag and drop between categories, the category must have at least 1 pattern in it. So if it is a new category, you need to import a pattern to that category before you can drag and drop to that category. A little cumbersome, but doable. You can't create new categories under the "Basic" tree (no menus pop when you right click). It would be nice to be able to create other categories on the same level as the Favorites and Basic categories, as well as being able to drag and drop into empty categories.
    Actually, that's not quite true. I thought the same thing at first but then I learned.

When you drag a pattern into a folder that contains none yet, watch the little red line as you drag it. If the line runs all the way across the list window, it won't drop in a "sub" folder. It will drop back where you got it from.

If you crowd the right side of the list window when dragging you will see the line change from "all the way across" to "halfway across" the list window. That indicates you're going to drop it in the "sub" folder.

I was bent out of shape by thinking the same all of you are. Just happened to see it do this one day and PRESTO! I learned. Works every time.

Hope that helps folks.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

OK, I see what you're referring to. That is correct, you cannot create directories in the folder that Designer "comes with" (i.e.,called Basic in the newer versions... Library01 in the older versions)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

3. Red face There is a way

Quote Originally Posted by jbraman View Post
    Not sure if its been said yet, but I would like to see better pattern management. Meaning that I can drag and drop patterns into categories I want, while in designer. The current system is pretty tough, ie..I can't group new designs into the categories under "basic".
    The best way (currently) is to use the free CCW Pattern Organizer (see link in signature). It is a separate utility from Designer. You can:
    • move installed patterns between categories,
    • create categories,
    • do backups,
    • do restores.

Lots of good features that Designer is missing.
    tim

-----------------------------------------------------
    Download your FREE CCW Pattern Organizer for Windows.

Default CCW Organizer

I've been using Tim's organizer for about a month - it's solved all my problems regarding grouping/deleting, etc. Works from your desktop as a seperate program, in my opinion, it does what the CW software should be doing already.

Give it a try, it's the bomb (sorry).

Red face

I also use Tim's organizer and it's simply great!! Sorry I neglected to mention that Tim.

One of the best things about it is you can work with separate MPN files. I have the one that Designer uses and I have another Designer knows nothing about. I can maintain them individually and then just switch them when I want to for Designer to use.

Great Program!!
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

6. Red face Great tip

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    I also use Tim's organizer and it's simply great!! Sorry I neglected to mention that Tim.

One of the best things about it is you can work with separate MPN files. I have the one that Designer uses and I have another Designer knows nothing about. I can maintain them individually and then just switch them when I want to for Designer to use.

Great Program!!
    Thanks for sharing that idea.

We have started an area where users can discuss and share ideas about CCWPO. It would be great if you would go to that site and share your tip as a new topic.

Thanks, again Chris!
    Last edited by twehr; 05-01-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Typo
    tim

Talking

Consider it done Tim.

Right now I have to go meet with Al and Chisel Me Timbers down the road from me. Will post the idea as soon as I get back. Or, of course, you're welcome to and thanks for letting me know about the area you have.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

8. Red face Nor would you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    OK, I see what you're referring to. That is correct, you cannot create directories in the folder that Designer "comes with" (i.e.,called Basic in the newer versions... Library01 in the older versions)
    ...since it may get replaced or modified when LHR updates anything and you have to install again. Best practice is to leave the supplied library alone.
    tim

if not already stated...a full text toolbar with the ability to change fonts and font size and see the font you pick, and the ability to set line spacing, the kind you see in almost all graphic apps.

Default Cutpath with depth specification

It would be helpful if the cutpath could have the option to specify a depth. This would be extremely useful for cutting thin stock on a sled. As it stands now CW will cut both the board and sled. By allowing the depth field, the user can specify to cut only through the board but not the sled.

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast