Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

You can flip a cut path with the button labeled 'Flip Cut' in the cut path dialog.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default yea but i

wanted it on the line not to either side.

gingerbread1.mpc

iwas trying to get two peices of trim the same out of one board and because cutpath only gives the option to be on one side or the other and not on the line it messed with the geometry a little had to mopve the circles on the bottom one up about an 1/8".

and if they did it it would simplify the command i.e. cut outside of pattern, cut inside of pattern, cut on line.

I would rout the path through the board instead of using a cut path and insert a few manual tabs, plus use 'drill thru' instead of cut path on the circles.

Maybe something like the attached sample?

Actually, 'drill thru' is probably not the best idea. The carve time would be 3x longer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jlitz; 03-24-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: (adding sample) (carve time)

Default yes i tried

the drill through and looked at the time diff. i got it close enough for now but it would have been better to have the cutpath cut "on the line " option.

still requesting "on the line" cutpath option if your listening lhr.

ca92972 Guest

Default vector

Vector file support-
    import of eps, raw and other vector file types
    Fonts, shapes need to be vector paths so you can control size of, keeps file size down. Scaling of objects and fonts with out rez lost. Clean lines
    Points and text can be aligned, Text can be flowed on to a path and around a shape(s).
    Font can be broken apart and each line and point can be edited (make costume font shapes)

Wish list:

Give Designer the ability to accept free hand drawing like MS Paint.

Not sure if its been said yet, but I would like to see better pattern management. Meaning that I can drag and drop patterns into categories I want, while in designer. The current system is pretty tough, ie..I can't group new designs into the categories under "basic".
    -Jordan
    Estar cuidadoso este mierda es peligroso

Quote Originally Posted by jbraman View Post
    Not sure if its been said yet, but I would like to see better pattern management. Meaning that I can drag and drop patterns into categories I want, while in designer. The current system is pretty tough, ie..I can't group new designs into the categories under "basic".
    I agree, it would be a lot easier to drag and drop. The option to make a new folder and drag and drop into it would help too.

Happy Craving..
    John Hammett

Quote Originally Posted by jwhllh55 View Post
    I agree, it would be a lot easier to drag and drop. The option to make a new folder and drag and drop into it would help too.

Happy Craving..
    John Hammett
    I am using version 1.120 - it has the ability to drag and drop patterns into categories (new folders) I create. Are you saying that you are not able to do that in version 1.126??
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

10. Default

I was able to create a new category (right click on "Favorites" or one of its sub-categories and select "New"). This only works in the "Favorites" tree and its branches. To drag and drop between categories, the category must have at least 1 pattern in it. So if it is a new category, you need to import a pattern to that category before you can drag and drop to that category. A little cumbersome, but doable. You can't create new categories under the "Basic" tree (no menus pop when you right click). It would be nice to be able to create other categories on the same level as the Favorites and Basic categories, as well as being able to drag and drop into empty categories.

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast