Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Default Stepping

Check the outboard rollers. If they are to high they can cause the board to hang there momentarily then lift the board causing a step.
    Mel

Patterns for sale at CW's Pattern Depot
    Check out "Yankee Pop's Shop" at
    http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...nkeepop&page=1

Default Honored & Upset

Quote Originally Posted by hotpop View Post
    Hey Chris,

I think you are the current record holder for 2008. If it holds up through out the year we'll have come up with a trophy or something for ya. Anyway, welcome to the "10 Plus Hour Club". I think you are our only member.

I forgot to mention membership dues. Club dues will need to be paid in full before receiving awards.
    WOW!..... I mean GEE!.... I mean COOL!!!.... LOL I'm honored!

I'd love the trophy Mel but I think I already paid my dues. After all the excitement of finishing, I Paid...hold onto your hat... ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY SIX BUCKS to GROUND ship it 600 miles. Would have only cost me 140 in gas round trip to drive it to NC in my wifes little Suzuki. If my ever failing back could have taken it, I would have walked right out of there and went.

I was amazed, agassed and APPALLED at this. But I stood there saying to myself I have 2 choices, send it, or don't send it. I felt so bad about this for my customer that I offered to cover half. But he insisted on paying it in full and did so. Like I said, one of the nicest people I've met but I still feel bad about it.

But it sure takes the wind out of my "sales" for making a business out of this as I have to think, if I had 200 people wanting the same thing for the same money, 199 of them would walk away over the shipping costs.

I intend to sit down this morning and write a very explicative letter to UPS which now, to me, stands for Undermining Peoples Success!! And the real kicker?, I say to the guy PLEASE, you can't put enough FRAGILE stickers on this and his response was "oh my God no! We won't put ANY on it." (as I stood there speechless he continues)..."if it gets in the hands of some disgruntled employee and they see FRAGILE, they'll smash it!!"

I don't know about all of you but I think we need to band together and fight such an injustice. I mean, LRH in Texas can send a roughly 3' x 3' x 3' box weighing 80 lbs to me in PA for $48 but I send an item thats 6' 5" x 8" x 3/4" weighing less than 4 lbs less than half that distance for $186??? And I'm told if I mark it fragile there's a better chance it will get destroyed in route than if I don't??!! Somethings wrong here.

Now I understand about volume shipping and all so I ask the guy what it would take to "qualify" for such discounts and he laughs and says..."Thousands of shipments per month". By now I'm sure you can tell that I'm just SICK about this!!

Thanks UPS for STICKING IT TO THE LITTLE GUY!!!
    Last edited by ChrisAlb; 02-15-2008 at 04:16 AM.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Something doesn't add up. I just went to UPS.com and entered a package of dimension 80"x12"x4" (should have 2" of packing around object to be shipped), a weight of 4lbs and going from Oklahoma City to Greensboro, NC (first city in NC I thought of ), and it came up with $23.53 for GROUND and $183.55 for NEXT DAY EARLY AM.

Having known several people who work or have worked for UPS and FedEx, the clerk was correct it advising you NOT to put fragile stickers on the packege . I guess the employees just see it as an insurance claim for the customer costing the company money. Since these guys are all union, there is nothing corporate can do.

I do hope you packaged that between a couple 1" x 12"s, otherwise, I doubt it makes it in one piece .

Rob

I don't care how strong the union is. If an employee purposely destroys material being shipped he/she should be fired. If this is the type of employees they hire I will look for another way to ship to my customer.
    If you don't complain no one will hear you.

Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by HighTechOkie View Post
    Something doesn't add up. I just went to UPS.com and entered a package of dimension 80"x12"x4" (should have 2" of packing around object to be shipped), a weight of 4lbs and going from Oklahoma City to Greensboro, NC (first city in NC I thought of ), and it came up with $23.53 for GROUND and $183.55 for NEXT DAY EARLY AM.

Having known several people who work or have worked for UPS and FedEx, the clerk was correct it advising you NOT to put fragile stickers on the packege . I guess the employees just see it as an insurance claim for the customer costing the company money. Since these guys are all union, there is nothing corporate can do.

I do hope you packaged that between a couple 1" x 12"s, otherwise, I doubt it makes it in one piece .

Rob
    Hey Rob,

No 1 x 12's but the guy at the UPS store insisted on a 15 x 15 box for it. He had a 10 x 10 but since the project was 8" he refused to ship it saying it would only have 1" of packing around that dimension. I asked if he had any other options in boxes like a 4 x 12 would have worked fine but nope...either 10 x 10 which he wouldn't do or 15 x 15. In the future I'll get the darn box and packing myself. To have such a limited choice in boxes seems ridiculous to me.

This is the first time I've ever shipped anything out so the whole thing was new to me. Perhaps I was taken as to the choices of box sizes??? I don't know.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

but the guy at the UPS store insisted
    There is why it was so expensive, you went to a UPS store. If you box it up yourself (perhaps double box it) and take it to a depot or buy your shipping label on line (and drop it off at the UPS store) you will pay about 1/2 the price. 'The UPS Store' (formally known as Mail Boxes Etc) offers some nice services but you really pay for them.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Jeff, yep, I had that thought (packing it myself) as I left the place. I didn't know you could go on-line and buy the shipping label though...sigh...live and learn. Now I'll insist on refunding a portion of the cost to my customer. He certainly shouldn't have to pay for my lack of knowledge...THANKS! Puts a little hope back in selling projects other than locally also.

On the tool bar note. I got it fixed by un-installing the program, deleting just the tool-bar section in the registry and re-installing. A little convoluted to be sure but it worked.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Default i just ran into this

i really needed a cut path to cut on the line not to either side. seems that would be simple.

Hey, Tim you cal already do that

Starting with Designer 1.126 there is an 'inset' setting that will do that (negative inset values are offsets).
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default i tried that

but the inset doesnt affect the cutpath location or at least on the screen it doesnt show. it will keep the.125 in the inset box but CUTPATH doesn't move. i know on vector cuts it works maybe theres something i am missing?

Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast