Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I would be great is attachments could also be made to "lock" on other elements instead of just edges and center.

Doug Fletcher

Another thing that would help, even though it can be done another way is a simple "move to Front" or "Step Forward" "Step Back" that would allow the design elements to be brought forward in a simpler fashion then adjusting the heights manually... just a thought

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

something that would be nice, and i know it has been discussed is the depth of centerline text. I know you cant set it deeper, but the option to set it shallower would be nice.
    -Jason

I would like to see the scan info on the card to show the date of the scan instead of complete.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

May as well add my wish (other than to fix their bugs).
    I would like to see a depth icon on the tool bar. Once clicked on you get a cross hair cursor. Moving the cross hair to a spot on your carving shows the depth of cut and wood left under the cut, as to board thickness user set.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    May as well add my wish (other than to fix their bugs).
    I would like to see a depth icon on the tool bar. Once clicked on you get a cross hair cursor. Moving the cross hair to a spot on your carving shows the depth of cut and wood left under the cut, as to board thickness user set.
    Hello,

We already have that feature - it's always been there - not as an icon or a cross hair, but no need for that, really.

Move your mouse anywhere on the screen and the info bar (lower-left bottom of the window) shows what the depth is at the pointed tip of your mouse cursor...also displays the exact position in X and Y axis!

You mentioned "their bugs". Can you be very specific about what bugs you are referring to? That can be very handy for the development team if you have discovered something they don't know about.

EDIT: Eddie, I just visited your website. You have some great stuff there!! Makes me want to buy a lathe! Beautiful work, man.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 02-27-2010 at 10:00 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Very cool, I never even noticed that feature, but now that I know it's there it will be very helpful! Thanks for pointing it out MT.

Craig

Default DXF Import

I asked about this a couple of years ago. I would love to be able import a DXF file and assign a tool to it.
    Mel

Patterns for sale at CW's Pattern Depot
    Check out "Yankee Pop's Shop" at
    http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...nkeepop&page=1

As for the bugs I have seen: version 1.152
    1) when you click on the rotate, or zoom button, you can click on the select (arrow) but the rotate is still active. You have to click on the pan, then the select icon before it gives you the select option.
    2) when you have a few patterns added to your board, then add text, again the cursor sticks on the text, and you can not get back to the select unless you click on the pattern on the right side.

Tried #1 again and was working properly, will pay more attention and figure out what I am doing when this happens.

These happen on my laptop and on my desktop pc.

Thanks for pointing the thickness out to me. had seen the x-y information.
    Last edited by eelamb; 03-07-2010 at 08:28 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

MT thanks for the comment of my web site. Thought it was about time I built one for the woodworking instead of having a sub domain off my business site.

I have been turning for 15+ years, finially got a good lathe about 6 years back, the Sears 15" professional. Like all other tools the attachments add more to the total cost than the equipment.

Eddie

Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast