Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

1. Default

Is there ANY hope of getting rulers (like image manipulation software) added? I sure don't like counting grid squares for placement!!!! Also, being able to "group and ungroup" elements like some word processing programs would be sweet for copying/pasting.

This is a simple but annoying problem. In Windows 7, when you throw the designer window at the top of the screen, it becomes full screen. I use PhotoShop as a front end for designer. I keep them both open and import, examine, close. Re-edit in photoshop then copy, then go back to editor load the import window and "HAVE TO MANUALLY MAKE THE IMPORT SCREEN FULLSCREEN, EVERYTIME". Is there a way to make the IMPORT WINDOW to change to fullscreen when moving it to the top of the window? Or to remember it's last window size?

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProf View Post
    Is there ANY hope of getting rulers (like image manipulation software) added? I sure don't like counting grid squares for placement!!!! Also, being able to "group and ungroup" elements like some word processing programs would be sweet for copying/pasting.
    ++++++++ 1 !! This is something that is overdue with software that has been out for 5 plus years! Sometimes if make much more sense to be able to use rulers when laying elements out on the project board.

Something else that would be extremely helpful would be the ability to select ALL elements on a project board and DISABLE ALL attachments with one button. Sometimes a projects needs elements to hold to a certain place while you are laying them out, which attachments are good for. But at some point you may decide you want to move all the elements around a little and it is a real P.I.A. to have to manually disable all the attachments.

Some features have been asked for many times over the years and I'm just wondering if anyone from LHR still tracks this list and if there is any list of items they are considering from this list?

Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    Some features have been asked for many times over the years and I'm just wondering if anyone from LHR still tracks this list and if there is any list of items they are considering from this list?
    Nope! We don't track it and, in fact, we don't even read this post! (Wink, wink!)

It would only work in 2d mode and face on. The bug is in their ear.

Someone from LHR
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Nope! We don't track it and, in fact, we don't even read this post! (Wink, wink!)

It would only work in 2d mode and face on. The bug is in their ear.

Someone from LHR
    Well thanks, Someone ... I figure it's being read but it looked like at one point the OP was going to be updated with items being considered and those in progress and that looks like it hasn't been updated for a long time.

Thx!

6. Default

I got a chance to demo the 2D Vector and 3D pattern modeling suite today, and I think its great. But if you added an additional Alpha Brush Modeling Suite to the mix it could really drive it up another notch.

If you could draw a 2D vector and lets say puff it and then have the capability to add an adjustment layer to it or even better several adjustment layers and have the ability to puff it in areas or deflate in areas using different kinds of brushes like a big soft blur type brush or a roundover type wedge brush etc. And then be able to adjust whether it is puffing up or down. And also adjust the opacity with an adjustment slider. And then you would need to have the abitlity to erase with brushes too. Maybe set the opacity of the brushes being used. And here is the big one, if you would draw a selection area on an ajustment layer and blur it and use sliders to pop it up or down. And as long as your at it you could make it posible for users to make or import their own brushes. Boy that would be great.

A slider for Height and Depth instead of typing in the numbers all the time would be nice too.

A pattern etching suite would be cool.

As long as Im at it why is it not possible to carve maybe 1 1/2 inch using a double carving technique?From the tip of the carving bit to the sleeve is about that depth already.

7. Default

I'd love to see some more multi-threading going on in the program. I run it under VirtualBox and throw 8 procs and 4G of memory at it, but it doesn't seem to want to use it.

I really like the rulers idea too.

The Tweak Level was added to the pattern editor and it is great. Now fix the Tweak Rotate tool to compliment it.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I would like to see more draft options. Small being almost nothing, and medium being too much.

Split Screen- 2 Views

Capt Barry

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast