Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Well here are a few things on my wish list, hoping it will be added one day: a copy offset for circles or curves, cursor would automatically click on ends and centers of each element with no snap on. Basically, the same options Sketchup has which makes things so much easier and faster for designing in 2D. Like James said, it would be nice to be able to cut out pieces from a 1" board.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Unless someone knows how to do it, Not able to change the bit on the drill tool after the drill hole has been made.
    The only way I know of is to double click on the hole and the drill dialog returns to be edited. It would be nice if one could select a number of holes all at once and edit them. The double click only works for one hole at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    The only way I know of is to double click on the hole and the drill dialog returns to be edited. It would be nice if one could select a number of holes all at once and edit them. The double click only works for one hole at a time.
    I guess that was the one thing I did not try. Yes it would nice to be able to edit all of the holes like you can for other vector lines.. thanks..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Dunno if either of these things has been requested or not. I've still not gotten the gumption to read the full thread.

I'd like the ability to join mirrored vectors. It would be much simpler than copying vectors, rotating and positioning, then joining.

I'd also like the ability to set the size of fonts by point size rather than physical size. That would eliminate the problem of eyeballing separate text fields to see if the lower case sizes match...
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

I didn't go through the entire thread but one thing I would love above all else is a way to stop the machine, save the progress, and shut the machine off. I had a 4 hour carve to do and a storm was approaching and i didn't want to leave the machine plugged in so i waited another day. Can't afford a proper surge suppressor right now.

Sometimes I do untitled carvings (not Saved ),, then I find that something needs to be changed in the carve... You can't get the project back from the flash drive, I would like to be able to bring the project back into designer from the flash drive.....
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Both lofty ideas. I agree they would be great features. The first^^might not be possible. In my mind, I compared it to turning off the TV in the 70s and then turning it on later that evening expecting the TV to start up where it left off. granted we have DVRs now so...but still, don't hold your breath.

The previous ^ post I would think could be easier done, but not without a lot of time, capital and programming. (Maybe next generation.)

In the meantime, I think everyone will love some new features coming soon. (Don't ask me, I won't tell!)
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by ktjwilliams View Post
    Sometimes I do untitled carvings (not Saved ),, then I find that something needs to be changed in the carve... You can't get the project back from the flash drive, I would like to be able to bring the project back into designer from the flash drive.....
    This has been discussed many times and it is just not possible. All of the information from Designer is not stored on the card. With computer storage so cheap and plentiful, why aren't you saving every project? I do.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    This has been discussed many times and it is just not possible. All of the information from Designer is not stored on the card.
    To see this, just compare the file size of an mpc and its compiled upload.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    This has been discussed many times and it is just not possible. All of the information from Designer is not stored on the card. With computer storage so cheap and plentiful, why aren't you saving every project? I do.
    Sometimes too I make a project on my home computer and load it to the flash ... Then after carving a draft, I may decided that a tweak or 2 may be needed and I can't just put the flash into my shop computer ... I have to wait til I get back to the home computer ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast