Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Default Wish List, Light Perspective

A bit of code for a skilled programmer... It would be nice to select an option to position the light to the curor. In this way as you move the cursor the light changes position over the work. Comes in handy when checking alignments and depths etc.. I am an artist, painter and computer graphics, I depend on more visuals than numbers but I am getting used to the number thing..

Default Might have missed it but.....

A Axillary set of relay contacts software controlled to control the dust collector.

Internal built in light feature.

AL

Some good and thoughtful suggestions! I would like to build on the "group" command so you could group shapes, lock them, key in a specific angle/location and then unlock or ungroup them.

Also, being able to center multiple shapes to a "master" shape rather that the center of the board.

I agree - rulers definitely! Maybe reference lines like Photoshop

Flyboy,

You might give LHR a phone call and ask them about purchasing the software. Of course, you can download the software as a limited time demo anyway, but I'm not so sure what the software can do for you in being converted to G-Code, as you don't have access to the machine workings in the software, and it's not open architecture.

Bob Hill
    Tampa Florida

Smile Wish list

Maybe the option is there and I can't find it, but it would be nice to control the size of the font. All other programs ask you for font size and you have an idea of what the finished project will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by jspringertx View Post
    Maybe the option is there and I can't find it, but it would be nice to control the size of the font. All other programs ask you for font size and you have an idea of what the finished project will look like.
    When you put your chosen font/text on the board, stretch it from a corner to whatever size you want. What could be easier?
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

You have all the size manipulation of a font you really need ... AND ... the text is always fully editable. In the original text options you can choose any of your installed fonts; apply Left, Center, Right Justification; make the text Bold or Italic and choose either Raster, Outline, or Centerline (limited to those who have this ability). You can establish character spacing and even an arc to it in degrees.

Once you have established your "druthers" here and applied the text to your project, you can then Select it and establish it's physical size by pulling/pushing on any of the red dot bounding box handles. You can warp (but not skew) the text in any direction by grabbing any of the bounding box "middle" yellow dots and pushing/pulling it. Or, you can create the text size by re-establishing it's dimensions (of the text bounding box) digitally in the size boxes as you can for any object.

To edit, just be sure the text is selected (any time, even after the project has been saved as a mpc ... or even created by someone else) and RIGHT click (on a PC) and from the options choose, EDIT.

What more might one need?

Bob

Remember that raster text can also be editable. Both Outline and Center cut are vector cuts and always also editable.
    Last edited by BobHill; 08-03-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Default font

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    When you put your chosen font/text on the board, stretch it from a corner to whatever size you want. What could be easier?
    It is difficult to know just what size the final font will be. Yes, I do drag the size down, but wouldn't it be easier to specify the font size before posting the photo. Almost all windows programs allow you to specify the font size.

Dragging sometimes distorts the font.

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill View Post
    You have all the size manipulation of a font you really need ... AND ... the text is always fully editable. In the original text options you can choose any of your installed fonts; apply Left, Center, Right Justification; make the text Bold or Italic and choose either Raster, Outline, or Centerline (limited to those who have this ability). You can establish character spacing and even an arc to it in degrees.

Once you have established your "druthers" here and applied the text to your project, you can then Select it and establish it's physical size by pulling/pushing on any of the red dot bounding box handles. You can warp (but not skew) the text in any direction by grabbing any of the bounding box "middle" yellow dots and pushing/pulling it. Or, you can create the text size by re-establishing it's dimensions (of the text bounding box) digitally in the size boxes as you can for any object.

To edit, just be sure the text is selected (any time, even after the project has been saved as a mpc ... or even created by someone else) and RIGHT click (on a PC) and from the options choose, EDIT.

What more might one need?

Bob

Remember that raster text can also be editable. Both Outline and Center cut are vector cuts and always also editable.
    Yes, I know the font can be manipulated after you produce the text. I use Corel, Word, Photoshop, Publisher and a few other programs that allow me to specify the font size when I create the document. You always face the danger of skewing the font once you start dragging the little dots.

It was just a suggestion...

I can tell you are comfortable with computer font sizing and as such it's explainable as a want. But since 72points = 1 inch (sort of, and depending upon the font maker and style) it's really not all that practical for physical determination for carving, where you normally are thinking in inches, rather than points. Inches and the fact that the text (or even sets of letters) are always within a bounding box makes the Designer way best, as you can either do it by sight, or by size dimensions of the bounding box, not point size as you do on a computer.

Bob

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast