Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Default Multi Pass

PCW,
    I think they are talking about a Raster carve on a pattern, not something where they assign the bit.
    As far as I know, the only carve option would be to assign "optimal" as you load the project to the card which may be LHR's attempt to resolve the issue.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Bud

Oh OK my mistake. I thought there was something about this just the other day discussed about the machine setting. Do you remember how that played into the picture? If I remember that you could define the passes at the machine but maybe that was limited in some way.

Default Double carve

Quote Originally Posted by PCW View Post
    Bud

Oh OK my mistake. I thought there was something about this just the other day discussed about the machine setting. Do you remember how that played into the picture? If I remember that you could define the passes at the machine but maybe that was limited in some way.
    From what I recall, and what I have done, if a carve was fuzzy or just good due to some factor, we considered a second carve (after the fact) made just a hair deeper. That second carve had only the portion that needed correction. All other items were deleted prior to loading the card for the 2nd carve. In most cases, this re-do gave us salvation.

Using that knowledge, may be where this suggestion is/was born.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

How about the ability to add your own custom surface and texture? When you right click on a pattern or circle/box and select surface or texture, it would be great if it allow you to load your own.

Default two things I would like to see added

A cutaway cross section view would be a big help. You could see just how high that pattern stands above the carve-out area. I have noticed that a deeper carve-out means a higher pattern. Some times this is good, and sometimes not. The other item stems from another thread and the three level round box. There was a discussion of how to calculate the lines to carve with your 1/8" or 3/8" flat straight bit to hog out an area. Why can't the program do those calculations and define the best pattern to do it. Tell the program that you want to carve out a flat bottomed area this shape and tell the program what bits you have to do it with. I just purchased a 3/8" carbide Freud up-cut spiral straight bit to do this kind of work.

Default Cut paths and tabs,

How about the ability to manually place tabs on a cut path in strategic places?
    B Lantz

Default Manual Cut Paths

Quote Originally Posted by blantz View Post
    How about the ability to manually place tabs on a cut path in strategic places?
    Go here http://carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks and download Issue #8 (May 200. It covers the Manual Cut Path.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Default Dome Question

OK, I can not find what I want.
    Is there, or will there be, a Dome that has no arc?
    I'm trying to design a Recessed dome that has a True 20 degree slope (no arc).
    I know that I can use a table saw to do the job, but I'm trying to design a project that other can do, and they may not have access to a table/band saw.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Bud,
    Since by its very nature a DOME has to be a continuing arc, I'm not seeing what you mean when you want a dome without an arc? To set the shape of the dome you give it a depth from a point of it's curve
    to establish a chord between the contact points of the circle or oval depending upon the design. An egg may not be perfectly round, but a section of it would still be a dome and have an arc from it's peak and the chord line. I've got to be missing your meaning, Bud, unless you mean how do you make a non-concentric arc dome, meaning that the arc would not be the same all round the dome. Now that would take a raster image to create, not the built in dome ability, but you could do it in programs like PhotoShop, CorelDraw, etc.
    Bob Hill
    Last edited by BobHill; 06-14-2009 at 01:13 AM.

I have to admit that I too was confused by your question when I read it last night Bud. A Dome by it's very definition is an arc.

When I got up this morning I was thinking about your statement of "doing it on a table saw" and thought maybe you meant a straight "slope" or "incline" or "bevel cut". If so, the only way I know is with a gradient made in a "paint" like program. I made this in PSP X2.

It produces a straight bevel cut and you can adjust the degree of bevel by adjusting the depth of cut but as of yet, I don't how you can specify a specific "degree" like the 20 degrees you mentioned.

I suppose with some math you could get pretty close....i.e., width of area versus overall depth of cut calculation but I'll need at least a second cup of coffee before attempting that...LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slope.jpg   Gradient.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast