Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Default thanks

for the tip. looks like that would be in the manual somewhere doesn't it.

Default I think it's

Probably just something they never considered thinking we'd set the board size ahead of time. Like us, I'm sure they're aware of many changes they need to make to the software. Perhaps once they do, they'll write a new manual.

Also, they (like any other software developer) depend on consumer feedback like this to improve the product. Let's face it, none of us can consider "every" contingency up front. I've found them to be VERY responsive to our needs and requests but software? Hey, that takes time...lol
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Default An option to "lock" the pattern window

Though it's not difficult to hit "p", it's just annoying that the pattern window continually disappears. This should be super simple to implement.
    Greg (ver. 1.130)

Default Software

Quote Originally Posted by hotpop View Post
    There is no other software on the market that works with the CarveWright/CompuCarve machines. The software developers are not under any pressure to add to or improve their programs. Remember the company is selling machines not software. The machines do for the most part, what that they are designed to do.

If another $2000 3-D carving machine hits the market then perhaps LHR would take a pro-active move to improve their software. For now it gets us by.

If LHR Technologies, were to offer a professional software package to replace the current software I wouldn’t mind paying $500 for it. In fact I would love to be a Bata tester for it.
    Me too. The big thing is that I asked about the software being able to use stl files and such when I bought my machine. I was told they would have a pro version out in couple months or so. That was in 2006. It's now 2008. There's just no way to convert something from Solidworks or any other CAD program and get an accurate part. It's a machine for "artistic" work and not precision work. I had expected they would do what they said. The machine gets very little use, except for gift items or when I'm in the mood to play. Would be great if I were a sign maker.

Now, if they can't or aren't really going to have the "pro software" then I would like to know.
    Space is always in short supply.

Default A Great Help

I’m very pleased that LHR has made available to us
    (The Troubleshooting Guide and The Exploded View Parts list Manual)
    They are a Great help to us while working on our machines
    or speaking to one of the Techs in their Service or parts Departments.

Now I know its been asked for many times in the past,
    but I would really be happy to see posted a comprehensive list of Error Messages “by number”
    and how they pertain to the machine, and what we can do or not do to avoid them.

Just one of my wishes
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Question Adding New Folders to Pattern List

In order to install Designer 1.26, I had to remove 1.25 from my computer. Doing so, that function deleted my favorites. After upgrading to Designer 1.27, I'm not able to insert different catagories for my patterns, having over 300 patterns on my computer, mostly VA3D Files. Example below is what I'm trying to accomplish.
    Basic - Folder
    Animal Collection VA3D - Folder
    Vector Art 3D Starter Collection - Folder
    Forum Patterns - Folder
    Scanned Patterns - Folder

Each folder will have multiple sub-folders according to insert patterns. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickrljones View Post
    In order to install Designer 1.26, I had to remove 1.25 from my computer. Doing so, that function deleted my favorites. After upgrading to Designer 1.27, I'm not able to insert different catagories for my patterns, having over 300 patterns on my computer, mostly VA3D Files. Example below is what I'm trying to accomplish.
    Basic - Folder
    Animal Collection VA3D - Folder
    Vector Art 3D Starter Collection - Folder
    Forum Patterns - Folder
    Scanned Patterns - Folder

Each folder will have multiple sub-folders according to insert patterns. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.
    Hello,

There's a Designer 1.27?? I haven't seen any announcements for that version.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 02-06-2008 at 11:55 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Error in Designer Version

Sorry Micheal Typographical Error!!! My Fault!!! Designer 1.26

Quote Originally Posted by Rickrljones View Post
    Sorry Micheal Typographical Error!!! My Fault!!! Designer 1.26
    That's OK. I just didn't want to be left out if there was a new version. I am still hoping that a future version will fix all the pattern issues...i.e., the category management problems, duplicate patterns showing up but can't be deleted, a user choice for saving patterns as "protected" or "non-protected" and especially the silly "You may only edit unlicensed patterns which you have authored" message even though you authored them yourself in a previous version.

I'll wager they're working on it as we speak. Just not enough hours in the day (and night) for the programmers!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Duplicate Pattern Listings

While working with Designer 1.26 today I noticed I had duplicate entries for the Basic patterns that game pre-installed. I found one of the entries was located under Documents and Settings/User Name/CarveWright. I deleted this entry (Basic) and the duplcation disappeared.

Spoke with LHR today, about being able to add more folders for pattern oraganization. The representive told me that as soon as our conversation was over, he was going to bring this issue up with the programmers. Having over 300 patterns listed in one folder will take days to locate what you're looking for.

Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast