Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CarveWright Designer wishlist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Import paths

The ability to import paths from either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator, and to be able to control the depth of cutting with the carving bit in areas designated by paths that are filled with either black or white.

OR, the ability to recognize black-and-white bitmapped files as depth-specified areas within paths.

Default More wishes

-- quick key commands to select the pointer tool, magnifier, etc. (Or have I overlooked these?)

--automatic update (or prompt) for projects with patterns that have been modified and replaced in the library.

automatic update (or prompt) for projects with patterns that have been modified and replaced in the library.
    yes please mongo needs..

LG

Default Carve Time

The abilty to see how long a carve is going to take (in the programitself) So you dont need card to find out PAIN!!!!
    If A Picture is worth 1000 words
    "A MPC is worth a 1,000,000 Questions"
    Dave

Not sure if its been said yet, but I would like to see better pattern management. Meaning that I can drag and drop patterns into categories I want, while in designer. The current system is pretty tough, ie..I can't group new designs into the categories under "basic".
    -Jordan
    Estar cuidadoso este mierda es peligroso

Quote Originally Posted by jbraman View Post
    Not sure if its been said yet, but I would like to see better pattern management. Meaning that I can drag and drop patterns into categories I want, while in designer. The current system is pretty tough, ie..I can't group new designs into the categories under "basic".
    I agree, it would be a lot easier to drag and drop. The option to make a new folder and drag and drop into it would help too.

Happy Craving..
    John Hammett

Quote Originally Posted by jwhllh55 View Post
    I agree, it would be a lot easier to drag and drop. The option to make a new folder and drag and drop into it would help too.

Happy Craving..
    John Hammett
    I am using version 1.120 - it has the ability to drag and drop patterns into categories (new folders) I create. Are you saying that you are not able to do that in version 1.126??
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I was able to create a new category (right click on "Favorites" or one of its sub-categories and select "New"). This only works in the "Favorites" tree and its branches. To drag and drop between categories, the category must have at least 1 pattern in it. So if it is a new category, you need to import a pattern to that category before you can drag and drop to that category. A little cumbersome, but doable. You can't create new categories under the "Basic" tree (no menus pop when you right click). It would be nice to be able to create other categories on the same level as the Favorites and Basic categories, as well as being able to drag and drop into empty categories.

9. Red face There is a way

Quote Originally Posted by jbraman View Post
    The best way (currently) is to use the free CCW Pattern Organizer (see link in signature). It is a separate utility from Designer. You can:
    • move installed patterns between categories,
    • create categories,
    • do backups,
    • do restores.

Lots of good features that Designer is missing.
    tim

-----------------------------------------------------
    Download your FREE CCW Pattern Organizer for Windows.

Default CCW Organizer

I've been using Tim's organizer for about a month - it's solved all my problems regarding grouping/deleting, etc. Works from your desktop as a seperate program, in my opinion, it does what the CW software should be doing already.

Give it a try, it's the bomb (sorry).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast