Thread: Carving an aircraft propellor

1. Default Carving an aircraft propellor

Anyone done this? I assume that one way would be to use the scan probe passed over a "master" prop.?
    If so would the memory card hold enough data for say a 7 foot prop.

Another way might be if it was possible to feed coordinates to the data card from a CAD programme in order to avoid the necessity of manufacturing a master blade. This idea may be beyond the capacity of the machine?

Looking forward to your comments on this.
    George

George,

Take a look at this from Kenm810 http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...6756#post66756

You could try scanning a full sized prop. When you set the machine up for the scan and set the start and end points the machine will calculate the amount of memory needed. If to large it will let you know.

You could also just scan a smaller sized prop.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

One of our Military Members makes Tail rotors for Helicopters and markets them to the guys as awards.... He may chime in depending on what part of the world he is in.... So it is possible.... We talked about the 3/16 carving bit and how much that improved the carving time.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

You could scan half the prop, the copy & flip for the other end. You would probably have to scan both sides (front and back).
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

5. Default

Thanks for your help.
    George