Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lighthouse project

Default Lighthouse project

I made these projects a year or so ago and started on one and I am in the process of finishing one now! Pictures soon to follow!

But in the mean time I thought maybe someone would like to make one! I have 2 styles a lighthouse bank and a lighthouse clock

Hope you like it!

Ike

These are 2 sided carvings I believe you need to upload both sides? When flipping go left to right, I don't know if will upload both sides by just uploading the front? I will make another and let you know?
    Last edited by Ike; 01-18-2011 at 04:35 PM.

very nice

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

Help ! I can't tell where I am . Its's dark and I can hear laughing .

Thanks Tom I have the finished results if anybody is interested?

Ike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clock_edited-3.jpg   new signs 018_edited-1.jpg   new signs 017_edited-1.jpg  

No comments? Come on guys let me know what you think!!!!! I will only cry for a little bit!

Ike

Ho Ho Ho.... I love them Ike.... Yes even Christmas Day and I am in the shop working.....

Nice Finish on them too.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks Al I wanted to know to pat myself on the back.........uh I mean for advice! No really I wanted some input and any ideals to make it better. My Dad liked it, of course he thinks I should sell them!

Ike

Ike.... I certainly think they would sell too. Especially if you had an outlet over on the coast. I have a question...the front of the lighthouse looks slightly rounded. Did you put a flat area for the clock to fit into or how did you get the clock to fit the contour.

Ike, nice job man. I like it. What kind of wood did you use there? And Sharon, looking at the 3rd picture the front does look a bit flat but we'll let Ike answer that as I'm interested in knowing myself.

CarverJerry
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Ike,

Outstanding carving and finish work.

If they were a gift given to me I would be so pleased.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Thank you Robert, Sharon and Jerry I had to do some hand shaping. Which I did with my sander, in the mpc the hole is cut out and it is rounded so I did flatten it with my sander. I am opened to suggestions on any improvements that can be made to help with the clock face etc. One thing with the bank the window is too small for a coin!

Jerry the material is the strange wood from Sharon's state well closer to the coast.....Myrtlewood!

Anyway I started that project when I held the first contest and never entered the clock!

Ike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast