Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secret Santa gifts

Quote Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
    Great job termite. Are they the coins on carve buddy? If so how did you get them to carve so well I've tried before and when I try to carve them they carve very shallow with very poor detail. Its proballysomething I am doing so what are were your settings? If you don't mind sharing.
    Yes they are the ones on Carve Buddy. I have used all of the ones they have and they all come out great.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
    Great job termite. Are they the coins on carve buddy? If so how did you get them to carve so well I've tried before and when I try to carve them they carve very shallow with very poor detail. Its proballysomething I am doing so what are were your settings? If you don't mind sharing.
    Nickel settings - front is depth- .300 and height of 900.
    back is depth - .300 and height of 100
    Indian head penny - front and back are- depth - .200 and height of 500
    The diameter is 7"

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Nice banks. Nice finish. Care to share your technique?
    The pedestal on the banks are sprayed with Rust-Oleum American Accents Stone.
    The banks are sprayed with Rust-Oleum specialty Metallic. Shiny silver and shiny copper - go by the tops on the spray can.
    I put two coats of satin clear to finish the pedestal and banks off.

The wreath is the third one that I have made. When it comes to hand painting crafts I suk. I got aggravated and bought an air brush and as you can tell
    there will be no turning back. The first thing I did on this one was to give it a light spray coat of the tan color Stone paint. It fills in the space between
    the flowers and leaves and adds a little texture. Then I spray the middle of the flowers black, the smaller flowers yellow and finish with the white. Some
    hand brushing for touch up and two coats of satin clear. I forgot the leaves - I spray them after the black

Thanks for the compliments and thanks to Carve buddy and Michael T. If you look at the last picture of the banks you can see the 1 1/2"
    rubber plug on the lower left on the nickel. You can just see the edge of it. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

I need to clean the sawdust out of my eyes. I forgot to post the backs of the banks. The jesus face is carved in Trex. Picture doesn't do it justice.
    It looks like it was carved in a piece of granite.
    Attachment 40849Attachment 40850
    Last edited by Termite; 12-18-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Termite i just pm'ed you looking for the penny and nickle patterns I cant find one of mine and can't get the other to carve with any detail no matter what settings I use so I was wondering if you would share the ptn you used to carve these?

Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12