Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conform Vectors

Default Conform Vectors

Might be a dumb question but I'm uncertain on what this software does. From what I have read it is for using vector letters? or can you import a vector image to carve?
    Looking for a logo?? try www.brandsoftheworld.com

Woodworking Videoshttp://www.cro-wood.com

Quote Originally Posted by CraigR View Post
    Might be a dumb question but I'm uncertain on what this software does. From what I have read it is for using vector letters? or can you import a vector image to carve?
    I should probably talk about the new Conform Vector feature in a Tips & Tricks...I've already had several calls from folks that are not clear on this feature.

In a nutshell, the primary reason why it was developed is to allow the user to perform Centerline Text (v-carving) within a recessed carve region (or domed/dished areas). (Of course, you must also own the Centerline feature for doing Centerline Text at all.)

You can do more with the Conform Vector feature, but the ability to do Centerline in a recessed (or domed/dished) region is WELL worth the price of admission alone, and is the main function that most folks will use.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Oh ok. I do have centerline text but don't see a real use for this for my situation. Now if you could import a vector image for example say of a flag and have it V carve the outline or stripes I would have bought this right away. Thanks for the response.

...Now if you could import a vector image for example say of a flag and have it V carve the outline or stripes I would have bought this right away. Thanks for the response.
    Hi Craig,

The DXF Importer is for that purpose. As long as you have the vector image in the dxf format, you import it into Designer (using the DXF Importer), then assign whatever bit(s) you like to the vectors. I use the DXF Importer a lot! I typically create my vector drawings in CorelDraw (saving/exporting as dxf), then import the dxf vectors into Designer using the DXF Importer. It's a very handy feature.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

I use mostly .eps files so what can convert those to dxf? or would that be a big pain?

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    I should probably talk about the new Conform Vector feature in a Tips & Tricks...I've already had several calls from folks that are not clear on this feature.

In a nutshell, the primary reason why it was developed is to allow the user to perform Centerline Text (v-carving) within a recessed carve region (or domed/dished areas). (Of course, you must also own the Centerline feature for doing Centerline Text at all.)

You can do more with the Conform Vector feature, but the ability to do Centerline in a recessed (or domed/dished) region is WELL worth the price of admission alone, and is the main function that most folks will use.
    I've made a short AVI lesson on "Conforming Vectors" today (12/14/2010). The lesson is now on my "Download" link below.
    AskBud
    Last edited by AskBud; 12-14-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I use mostly .eps files so what can convert those to dxf? or would that be a big pain?
    Hi Craig,

Any good vector drawing program should be able to save/convert your eps files to dxf. For example, CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator can do that (i.e., import the eps, re-save/export to dxf).
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    I've made a short AVI lesson on "Conforming Vectors" today (12/14/2010). The lesson will be on my "Download" link shortly after noon.
    AskBud
    Thanks, Bud! I'm sure it will help a lot of folks.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Just went to buy the dfx importer and seen it was $199 way out of line for the hobbyist.

Just went to buy the dfx importer and seen it was $199 way out of line for the hobbyist.
    Hi Craig,

I think there is 10% off all add-on software during the CarveWright Christmas Sale going on right now through Dec. 31st. (The DXF software add-on should show up in the shopping cart at $179.00 during their sale period.)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast