Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US-Georgia

Thanks for responding George,

Sunday the 13th may be best for several. I'll track this through the weekend and we'll see who has responded. I mistakenly invited Ducky63 because he had commented earlier in the string. Didn't notice he is in Iowa and said it would be a bit far to drive and their roads are icy but thanked us for the invitation. Hope we'll get to meet next weekend.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Well I see this thread kinda faded... But I see we have users in Gainesville, Fayetteville, Stone Mountain, Helen, and now myself in Watkinsville. Any more?

I'll pipe up though, and say I've just bought a four year old CW that was shelved after it's first run crashed due to a bit not being fully inserted. Upgrade parts were bought but never installed. Full bit set purchased and never used. So I've essentially bought a never run CW that needs the HD belt set installed, and a new chuck purchased. I'm seriously considering a DC purchase. If not I'll build my own. I firmly believe that every woodworking machine must have some way of getting rid of waste or it causes problems. I'm gathering that with the CW it's essential or you'll create myriad problems.

I'd be happy to make contact with a user nearby. I've already spoken to Capt. Bruce but not made it up to his shop just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Well I see this thread kinda faded... But I see we have users in Gainesville, Fayetteville, Stone Mountain, Helen, and now myself in Watkinsville. Any more?

I'll pipe up though, and say I've just bought a four year old CW that was shelved after it's first run crashed due to a bit not being fully inserted. Upgrade parts were bought but never installed. Full bit set purchased and never used. So I've essentially bought a never run CW that needs the HD belt set installed, and a new chuck purchased. I'm seriously considering a DC purchase. If not I'll build my own. I firmly believe that every woodworking machine must have some way of getting rid of waste or it causes problems. I'm gathering that with the CW it's essential or you'll create myriad problems.

I'd be happy to make contact with a user nearby. I've already spoken to Capt. Bruce but not made it up to his shop just yet.
    I bought the Ringneck blues dust collector and have been happy with it.

Underdog,

Welcome to the Forum and the NE Georgia group. Glad we got to talk. Make that two votes for Floyd's Ringneck Blues dust collectors. He's one of us as a CW user and has really perfected his design to compliment the machine. I have two now and would not run my machines with out them for the time and maintenance they save me. I think it's time we got back on track about getting our little society here together and sharing some fellowship, ideas and techniques. I'm hoping for a much quieter Spring than last year so maybe I'll extend the invitation again to gather at my home shop one Saturday if you're interested.

Also if you have time join me at the Woodworking Show March 22-24 at the Gwinnett Center where I'll be representing CarveWright in their booth. I'd be happy to see and talk with other users so come to the toy show.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

If I'm not busy in the Craft Supplies booth, I'll be happy to stop by and talk shop, watch the demonstrations...

And yes, I'd be interested in a user group meeting!
    Last edited by Underdog; 02-15-2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: a

Hello capt Bruce, Perry Here, please PM me I have questions about the woodworking show.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Got a question about users nearby. If do a search for someone local on the following link I see a house icon. I'm wondering if that's another local owner of a CW, or is it me? http://www.carvewright.com/startu/
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Got a question about users nearby. If do a search for someone local on the following link I see a house icon. I'm wondering if that's another local owner of a CW, or is it me? http://www.carvewright.com/startu/
    It represents the zip code you searched on, basically you. The StartU person has there own icon.

Dave
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

The reason I searched was because it'd be nice to know that there were some CW owners nearer than Atlanta.
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

The map should show startu members and user groups. Click on the icons and it should open the contact information for the member and group.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast