Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US-Georgia

Sounds like a plan for dreary Jan or February. Anyone else interested? I'll even throw in lunch to make the drive worth it.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Sure. Count me in!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

We'll keep you advised George. Thanks for your interest.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW

Sorry to read that your water pipes froze, I hope that you have them all fixed by now. I have problems with my sewer line in the spring when the frost goes out. The frist year it froze so since then I put 2-3 bagges of leaves over it. This keeps it from freezing in the spring. Just to let you know we have 5" of snow on ground & going to get more this week. The idea of getting people together for the machine sounds like a good idea. Sorry I cann't make it. I'll be in Iowa but I want to wish everybody a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

5. Default

Just read your posting. I live in gainesville and am real interested in joining a group to learn more. I am retired air force. One time i put in a posting to form a group and got not answer so iam looking forward to your reply. Larry

Default US-Georgia

Snellville, Georgia 30039 suburb East of Atlanta
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Hello Larry,

Welcome to the discussion and our informal CarveWright NE Georgia chapter. I was going to signal the group about the second week of January, that perhaps it was time to get together, but we all saw where that plan went on the 10th. In my case the Federal Executive Board in Atlanta shut us down and I ended up spending most of a week carving in the basement and staying off the roads. How about yourself?

It looks like you are fairly new to the Forum so tell us a bit about what you've done with your carver so far if you would and what you do in real life. Again, welcome aboard!
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

8. Default

I am new to the forum but have had my CW for about two years. Iam retired Air Force. Retired in 1982. I have made many carved boxes, used the probe on a few patterns. I have made many other items from projects to things that I produced myself. Many of the items I have made are for gold prospectors to display their gold. Would like to talk to you. You can contact me at 770-287-7870. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Larry

Hello again Larry,
    We're glad you are interested in the idea of a local carvers' club. I'll give you a call later this evening. Projects for gold prospectors? That's a market I have not tapped Sir. You've got me curious as to how one displays gold (nuggets?)

Now that the weather is getting at least a bit more manageable it looks like perhaps a good time to get the NE GA circle together. What say you fellow Georgia CW/CC users? Maybe the weekend after the Superbowl, that would be Sat or Sunday February 12 or 13. What day would work well for you to get together at Noon and spend some time together in Snellville?

I'll host some coffee and sandwiches for lunch and we can all bring along a few examples or pictures of what we've enjoyed making or a project or two you have in progress. We'll swap some stories of what's gone right (and wrong) and what we have to do to keep these little robots working well. I am always looking to learn new techniques and will look forward to meeting some fellow carveaholics.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

The 12th won't work for me, but I could do the 13th....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast