Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US-Georgia

Default US-Georgia

Not sure which forum this should go. But if any one lives in the NE Ga area and would like to get together compare notes I would be interested.

Where are you located Creekwood. I'm near Stone Mountain, east of Atlanta.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Yes we live in the Helen area, Sautee. We own www.creekwoodResort.com

Quote Originally Posted by Creekwood View Post
    Yes we live in the Helen area, Sautee. We own www.creekwoodResort.com
    Helen is a beautiful area. Was there over 25 years ago and still remember it well. It was the closest we could get to Germany after returning from several tours while stationed there. Helen area brought back lots of fond memories. Maybe now that we're "empty nesters" we can make the trip there once more and go to Creekwood Resort. Shhhhhhhh don't want our kids to hear cause they'll want to tag along! ha ha They were all born in Germany so they'll want to go too! : )
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Jerry love to have you come by!

Creekwood Resort looks great! I'm south of Atlanta (Peachtree City) and get to the north Georgia mountains a few times a year on the Harley (When the weather's a bit warmer than it is now!)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

Well Robert, welcome to the informal N.E. Georgia chapter of the Forum that seems to be coming together today. I know we have at least one more CW carver in N. Atlanta who is learning along with the rest of us. Would be glad to get together some time and we'll all learn some new tricks and tips. We've been up to enjoy Helen and have rented in that area with lovely mountain views so we'll have to put Creekwood on our destinations list. We may however wait until the weather looks a bit friendlier as some of the roads would be no fun this time of year. Welcome to the group.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW

Carvewright should consider an additional forum section where members can start clubs or meetings in the area they live at.
    I know you can go to the member list and see who is lives nearby, but they may not be interested.
    Yea Capt Bruce, you are so right about the roads, but the worst is over for now. Now I have to deal with broken water pipes.
    Fun

I know what you mean about our pre-Christmas freeze here in Georgia. Not what any of us expect in GA because this type of weather is normally reserved for Jan-Feb. Even the poor birds looked confused as they thought they had "flown South" and they still are freezing. Strange I was having the same thoughts last week. For this I left Ohio? Sorry about the frozen pipes. Just installed two freeze proof faucets outside the house, and that's something I thought I'd left behind up North.

Maybe if FEMA will leave me home for a while I'll host an informal Saturday at my place just East of Atlanta for CW/CC owners in this area to get together. Plan to bring together some of our carvings, photos and favorite techniques to share over coffee or some cider and we'll see what we've all learned. Let me know if anyone would be interested. Merry Christmas All!
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Capt. Bruce that would be great, maybe after the holidays.
    Merry Christmas

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast