Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: US-Georgia

Hi everyone. I have owned a machine since 2007 or 2008 but just discovered this forum. I spend a lot more time in the shop than on the computer. I've had tons of problems with the machine but every once in a while it will turn out a decent carving to keep me interested. With my most recent problem I checked the hours on the cut motor and it was 54. I had no idea I ued it that much! I just do not have the time to spend to learn the programs or create the files. I'm glad there are so many patterns in the store now they are a big help. There just were not that many patterns back then. I mostly make quality furniture and use the machine to add some nice details. I did some hand carving and inlays prior to the machine so I wanted it for the carvings. Although what it does is nice it lacks the visual depth and definition of a hand carved piece. The speed it works and the ability to carve the HARD woods like oak and hickory make it nice. I just wish it was not so expensive to operate. I am tuneing it up again and hope to get some great ideas here. I live in the Newnan / Sharpsburg GA area.

Hello Widget223,

Good to have you with us on the CW Forum,

You have been using your CW longer than most of us but not many carving hours from your notes. We are setting up a User Group around the North Georgia area. To date we've corresponded a lot but have not come together and that is primarily my shortcoming because I had to first transition from my final career (lots of travel for Federal Disaster Response/Recovery) to retirement. That's accomplished and I think we are ready for the next stage.

If you would like to be included I'm planning a working discussion/social meeting to get to know each other in early January 2015 at my home and workshop in Snellville, GA near Stone Mountain. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and phone and I'll include you my mailing on this planned next meeting as we agree on a good date for all hands.

I finished a large signage project recently down near you for the Newnan Lakes community done entirely on the CW. You are about 45 min from me. Again welcome to the Forum.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Widget223,

Just down the road from you in Fayetteville. I am right at 240 - 250 hours on mine. I get sidetracked playing with the software. I too am looking forward to getting together with Bruce. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Dave
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

4. Default

Capt Bruce,

I'm interested in the User Group also! I live in Roswell, GA. Please include me when you get it going. Thanks!

Mike (James Herbertson)

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenWizard View Post
    Widget223,

Just down the road from you in Fayetteville. I am right at 240 - 250 hours on mine. I get sidetracked playing with the software. I too am looking forward to getting together with Bruce. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Dave
    The software is my weak spot. I look forward to a meeting as well. I saw some carvings in a little shop in Senoia. Did you do them?

Quote Originally Posted by widget223 View Post
    The software is my weak spot. I look forward to a meeting as well. I saw some carvings in a little shop in Senoia. Did you do them?
    Wasn't me.
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

Capt Bruce

I am also interested in the user group. New to the carvewright family, and up in the Sautee area around Helen. Please include me if you start up.
    thanks
    Randy Burke

8. Default

Hi all! My dad was about to sell his machine but I stole it from him (with permission). I would love to get together with some local CW users since I'm a newbie! I'm in Stockbridge, GA. Anyone interested?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234