Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dxf importer

Default dxf importer

HELP
    I have bought dxf importer before I did any research. I am not computer smart either. I think I need someone to walk me throught the operation of the program. I am not sure what dxf file or how to import them to the importer. Can anyone help me out. I am totally lost with this program.

The simple answer is dxf is a very popular CAD drawing format. However, most vector based drawing programs (Corel draw, Adobe Illustrator, pretty much any CAD program) can export to the DXF format. The dxf importer is used primarily for accurately importing vectors in to designer and it also has a nice feature of allowing you to split larger drawing across multiple boards when the designed dimensions exceed the width dimensions of the cw.

Normally people buy the dxf importer becuase they have a specfic need to accurately import vector files. But now that you have it I'm sure you will find uses for it.
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 12-05-2010 at 11:48 PM.
    Doug Fletcher

Thanks for the reply doug
    I am sure I will find a use for the program if I figure out how it works. I would like to see work that has been done with the importer. Maybe will help if see what it can do. I would appreciate some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by stanv77 View Post
    Thanks for the reply doug
    I am sure I will find a use for the program if I figure out how it works. I would like to see work that has been done with the importer. Maybe will help if see what it can do. I would appreciate some pictures.
    Here is one.. i just did a google search for dxf files and this is one of the first that popped up. Just unzip the zip files and you'll have at least one dxf file to play around with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Noname.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Doug Fletcher

Thanks again doug
    You are dealing with a real stupid person here with computers.I have a couple of nephews that are pretty sharp with computers . I wll have to see if they can help this old man if that is possible.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. There are lots of super knowledgeable people on here that are always happy to help. I'm by far not an expert in many areas, but there are others who will step in and take over when I'm definately out of my areas of expertise.
    Doug Fletcher

Thanks again doug
    You are dealing with a real stupid person here with computers.I have a couple of nephews that are pretty sharp with computers . I wll have to see if they can help this old man if that is possible.
    See if this set of LHR tutorials help you ubderstand the DFX Importer.
    AskBud
    http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/dxftutors.htm
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Hello Bud
    I have watched the tutorials and having problems yet. Ihave all projects saved under different catorgories. When I go to dxf importer and follow the tutorial I can get to my catorgories but there is nothing in them. All of the catorgories are there but nothing in them What am I missing?

Hello Bud
    I have watched the tutorials and having problems yet. Ihave all projects saved under different catorgories. When I go to dxf importer and follow the tutorial I can get to my catorgories but there is nothing in them. All of the catorgories are there but nothing in them What am I missing?
    Since I do not have DXF Importer, I'm flying blind!
    This is an "Importer" of files titled (filename.dxf). I don't think it looks at any other file.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Hello Bud
    After you downloaded the files, did you unzip them? I noticed they are in zip format.
    Doug Fletcher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast