Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sled does not measure properly in project mode

Can you take a pic of you display and post? I am nearly certain you are misreading what the mcahine is trying to tell you. I'll see if I can find that post from the other user a few weeks ago, but this sounds sooooooo similiar.
    Doug Fletcher

2. Default

To your point of staying under the rollers would the project work as when I tell it yes it reads 24.985/31". Can I then tell it to keep original size and will it carve properly? Thanks again

3. Default

Do you want both screeens? It will be a little while as my game is on right now? I will post as soon as game is over.

Here is the post I was referring to. As much info as you can share will help get this ironed out. I think you are on the right track, but I think is is just a simple misunderstanding of what your seeing. Some of the displays can be a bit confusing especially if you are fairly new with the machine. I'll be honest that I dont read the disply much as I have just more or less memorized the sequence... which Im sure will come back and bite me someday when they change the firmware and it doesnt match what my fingers expect.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...+measure+wrong
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 12-05-2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Doug Fletcher

One thing to try is to make your sled longer, 32.5 min x 14.25" then change Designer project size to 32"x14" load the sled end tail " now at 4" " under the out feed roller so the roller will compress down on the tail. This gives the board sensor a clear path.

The 7 inch rule is to short for sleds and never understood why you go to all the work only to come up short. I use 10" extra for sleds, 4" for the tail and 2" for holding down the stock.

"keep under roller" = no
    "keep the same size" = yes
    "place on corner" = yes
    "cut to size" = no

For a parts sled I first cut out a sightly over sized bottom " no pun intended" and make the carvewright scribe exactly the placement of the carving stock for a mongo fit.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 12-05-2010 at 03:14 PM.

6. Default

Red faced and maybe Ishould quit reading the screen. First time with a sled and not used to seeing width measurements when measuring the boards. Normally have the 7 extra inches on the project board but could not for these projects. Thank you for your help patience and tolerance of a thick headed one armed woodworker. Have a great rest of the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12