Thread: Error Message Sides may cut into each other

dlewin@fcusd.org Guest

Thumbs down Error Message Sides may cut into each other

I'm receiving the error message "Sides may cut into each other". Everything is ok according to the software when I do the import. Then if I say OK, the machine tries to cut an inch or so above the wood blank. Any ideas as to what is wrong.

I gotten one dragster cut, which was mine, these are my first students tries. Seems there is always a new problem.

Well I don't have the dragster setup, only watched it cut on the website. I think it all comes down to the bit plate... I believe the bit plate is used in this setup to find the tip of the bit. I am betting that the bit never touched the bit plate and that sawdust on the rails and belt is what stopped the bit 1 inch above the bit plate.

I could be totally wrong, but get in the habit of always watching the tip of the bit touch the bit plate or if the dragster jig has a place for the bit to touch... Watch it....

Remember 2 touches GOOD.... 3 touches BAD.....

OR....

A bad FSC Cable or dust in the Z encoder.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

not getting any error messages but the two halves are not cutting evenly.