Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: conforming vector question

Default conforming vector question

I dont have the conforming vectors software yet , but my question to someone that does is this.
    here is an example of a plaque that someone on forum posted , and in the carve region the words are carved with the raised letters, now if you do the words with centerline text using the conforming vectors which one will finish carving with the least amount of machine time and how much of a difference.
    thanks steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterman View Post
    I dont have the conforming vectors software yet , but my question to someone that does is this.
    here is an example of a plaque that someone on forum posted , and in the carve region the words are carved with the raised letters, now if you do the words with centerline text using the conforming vectors which one will finish carving with the least amount of machine time and how much of a difference.
    thanks steve
    I do not have the conform function, but visualizing in your mind on how the CW machine works it would still need to raster carve first, and it would need a bit change .

It may add time.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

On best quality. Original 2:02, Centerline 2:08. It's gotta carve out the center region either way...plus you'll have a bit change with centerline text. It really comes down to the look that you're going for....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

At best setting, raster @ 2.02.47, and 90V conforming @ 2.08.51
    Then add time to change bits.
    Ron

Gwhiz! Ya done beat me!

Thanks guys , was just curious
    Steve

If you are are raster carving letters, you need to use at least "Best" setting. If you are using Centerline with Conform, you can easily get by with "Normal" setting. I just carved 11 grand kid's Christmas presents this way. Also you can make the dome or whatever backing the lettering more magnified.
    Clint

OK, Maybe I have a misunderstanding as to what conforming vectors are. I have a project where I want to apply text to a dome and have it uniform across the surface, that is the letters are the same thickness acroos the surface. What I am coming up with is a standard depth with Centerline and the same with Rastor. Never once does the software ask if I want to use conforming vectors. What am I doing wrong? I've attached a sample.

Vector Conforming is used with vector lines or tools alone with Centerline text.
    The Conform box in you tool bar will need to be checked to see it work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vector tools and Centerline.jpg   Dome with Text.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 04-09-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Added File and Photo
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by sk8nmike View Post
    OK, Maybe I have a misunderstanding as to what conforming vectors are. I have a project where I want to apply text to a dome and have it uniform across the surface, that is the letters are the same thickness acroos the surface. What I am coming up with is a standard depth with Centerline and the same with Rastor. Never once does the software ask if I want to use conforming vectors. What am I doing wrong? I've attached a sample.
    On your sample it did not show the Dome effect, I added some depth to the image. To make the Raster fonts flow with the dome you need to merge the dome to the type font. (Check Additive)

I do not have the Conform program, but you can select the Demo function.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Test CV2.jpg   Test CV.jpg  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8nmike View Post
    My download link, below, has an AVI lesson on titled "Conforming Vectors". It shows how and when you may wish to apply the "Conforming vectors" option.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast