Thread: Can I Get a Little Help on a Project, Please?

Default Can I Get a Little Help on a Project, Please?

I'm having a brain cramp.

Found this really great pattern on the Sharing Depot, but it has a rectangle around it, setting the depth outside the pattern itself. I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate as much of the wasted space as I can, so I can add a name to the project, and place the name as close to the pattern as I can.

I want to add a medium draft to the letters, and when I get too close to the pattern, I lose the draft.

I know why I'm losing it - carve regions, additive/subtractive, etc., but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Help, gurus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Noname.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Jerry,

That was one of mine and if you send me your email address in a PM I will send you the pattern file. I tried to attach the ptn but it's too large.

That is a pretty impressive pattern.... Nice Work !!!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by PCW View Post
    Jerry,

That was one of mine and if you send me your email address in a PM I will send you the pattern file.
    What are the chances of that happening? I didn't think I had a chance of finding the author!

It's a beaut, Dan - I'll make sure to post some pics.

Thanks.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Thanks, Dan - this is going on the end of a saddle stand for my D' in Law. The stand will be pretty rough - intended that way. Building it with good old 2x4's. The carve should really set it off.

I usually do carves like this within a Carve Region - seems to set off the pattern much more. But this time, I really want it to look "hand carved" into the wood.

I'll post pics.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    Thanks, Dan - this is going on the end of a saddle stand for my D' in Law. The stand will be pretty rough - intended that way. Building it with good old 2x4's. The carve should really set it off.

I usually do carves like this within a Carve Region - seems to set off the pattern much more. But this time, I really want it to look "hand carved" into the wood.

I'll post pics.
    Jerry,

You are more than welcome. I'm having a hard time uploading to the new forum format. When I goto add files the hour glass comes up but just doesn't stop. I can't seem to upload a small jpg. Must be doing something wrong.

I posted the file on mediafire if anyone else would like the pattern.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ihyknh...seshoe_pcw.ptn

Dan,

You may want to doublecheck your link. This is what I see when I clicked on it.

NEVERMIND.. After I submitted this, tried again and it seems to be working fine. Must have been a timing issue.
    Doug Fletcher

Doug, the link worked fine for me and was able to d/l it with no problems.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Thought you might like to see the outcome -

Thanks to Dan (PCW) and John (JPaluck) for the patterns - I really scored some brownie points with my new Daughter-In-Law on Christmas Morning.

Thanks again, guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front Only.jpg   Back Only.jpg   Front.jpg   Back.jpg  

Manda.jpg  
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

That looks really nice Jerry. After seeing how well it came out, I got the ptn too...think it has some great possibilities.

Well, my reply went to the wrong place!! Or, truth be told, I clicked on the wrong reply button. Got it fixed now!!
    Last edited by Woodhacker; 12-29-2010 at 02:42 PM.
    Richard

If things improve with age, then I am
    approaching MAGNIFICENT!!

Using v.1.170