Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ready to give up!

Even with cleaning, eventually sawdust is going to work its way into places such as the encoders and cause problems. Your machine will look clean, but dust in these hidden areas will cause it to fail. Vacuuming won't get that hidden dust out; you will need to disassemble to get at it. You didn't say if you have a dust collection system. One will help keep dust out of these areas in the first place, reduce your need t clean manually, and extend the maintenance intervals. You should really consider this. This comes from the experience of a lot of users.

Jonm3, I do not see where you live, but I had a bunch of issues with my machine, a few years ago. Come to find out my unheated shop was causing it. Grease and other lubrication's will change viscosity with temperature. My thought was it is 65 deg outside the *!@ thing should work. What I finally figured out was 30 deg overnight leads to a cold machine.
    Hope this helps
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

I am in Southern Fredericksburg, Va. bit north of Richmond. Today tried running my machine, stopped about 8%, wasted a piece of oak. LoL. I think my temp was 60. I am going to try to get a dust collection on my CW, may be cut out some of the error's. I know of another guy in Fredericksburg that has a CW, not sure if he gets on the boards here. I know pretty soon it will be staying in the 30's - 40's here in FredBurg, Va. Think pretty soon will be time to stop this year.

Quote Originally Posted by forqnc View Post
    Jonm3, I do not see where you live, but I had a bunch of issues with my machine, a few years ago. Come to find out my unheated shop was causing it. Grease and other lubrication's will change viscosity with temperature. My thought was it is 65 deg outside the *!@ thing should work. What I finally figured out was 30 deg overnight leads to a cold machine.
    Hope this helps
    Just Carving My Life Away

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jonm3 View Post
    Think pretty soon will be time to stop this year.
    NO! Never Quit! A little heat and you can play all winter.

i have read some where on the fourm a while back that some one put a drop light over the cw to heat it up . i tryed that trick in late sep early oct when it wasent quite cold enuff to get the wood stove going and it worked for me . took awhile but worked . i live in Mass 30min south of boston and 15min north of plymouth rock so it can get cold in the gradge . i hope this helps with some of the problems . and please dont give up it truly is an amasing machine.

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

Help ! I can't tell where I am . Its's dark and I can hear laughing .

Quote Originally Posted by Tom75 View Post
    i have read some where on the fourm a while back that some one put a drop light over the cw to heat it up . i tryed that trick in late sep early oct when it wasent quite cold enuff to get the wood stove going and it worked for me . took awhile but worked . i live in Mass 30min south of boston and 15min north of plymouth rock so it can get cold in the gradge . i hope this helps with some of the problems . and please dont give up it truly is an amasing machine.
    Here is an old thread which speaks to the light as a heat source.
    AskBud
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...570#post117570
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

thank you Bud when i wrote the reply i could not rember who posted it . it does work for me well when it is very cold in the gradge . again thank you for sharring what you did to help make the temp. for the cw to be useable in the cold times .

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

Help ! I can't tell where I am . Its's dark and I can hear laughing .

I cut a window for better access. Nothing looked loose or broken. I replaced the sensor teh sensor lens because it was full of sawdust, yellow, and had a scratch on it. The machine worked the first time without any hitches. I tried it a second time and couldn't even get a sensor reading. I don't really want to take the lens apart each time, any suggestions?

I would check to see that the wires are still connected and it is not recommend by LHR, but I removed the plastic cover and have not had a problem since. Others will argue the lens can not be scratched, but they can!

Ike

Did you take the entire black cover off? Did you have to cut it off?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast