Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready to give up!

Unhappy Ready to give up!

Still having sensor problems. Tried different material like pine, oak, and ash. Used masking tape and even tried putting whit out on the edges. Cleaned everything. The pine without tape worked once, but after that nothing worked. I keep getting edge detection errors. I really wan tto get this wroking so my students can incorporate it in their projects. Whats my next step?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuale View Post
    Still having sensor problems. Tried different material like pine, oak, and ash. Used masking tape and even tried putting whit out on the edges. Cleaned everything. The pine without tape worked once, but after that nothing worked. I keep getting edge detection errors. I really wan tto get this wroking so my students can incorporate it in their projects. Whats my next step?
    I know you must have tried many things, but let's go through a list of things that may point to the actual problem.
    First, I presume that all your boards have sharp/square edges. I, also, presume that you are speaking of the "width" edge.
    1) Dim your lighting in the room (around the machine) and see if that solves the problem.
    2) Try different width boards and see if they all fail, or if the problem only happens when you exceed a certain width.

Let us know the results.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuale View Post
    Hello,

I don't think you'll need to dim the lights in the room! Could you be more specific about what "sensor errors" you are receiving (i.e, what exactly is displayed on the LCD?) Have you called LHR Tech yet to see if they can walk you through a variety of checks?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

4. Default

Did you recently install the Rock Chuck? When I installed mine, I followed the directions to apply heat to get the QC loose to be removed. And while I was diligent in wrapping everything with wet cloth and tin foil, the heat was enough to damage the plastic window on the board sensor and had the same problems as you are experiencing. A replacement unit solved the problem. Now, when I do an install of the Rock Chuck, I remove the board sensor from the machine to avoid damage. Check to see if this sensor is damaged.
    Frederick Potter
    Editions by Frederick
    http://www.editionsbyfrederick.com

Keep 98% of the dust out of your machine with this free dust collector:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...e-final-answer

Have you used a bathroom scale to check head pressure?

Place a piece of white copy paper on the board, crank the head down.

What is the reading.... 156 GOOD.....90 BAD....

If bad... Replace sensor.... OR cut down the back and look for a broken LED.

Board detection errors are all about the Board Detector..... Blind....= Error....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09541_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I have one of the first machines. If it is the sensor what would I be able to sell it for "as is"? In the meantime I'll try the white paper.

If you have one of the first machines then it is possible you have the 18 pin FSC Cable... The wide flat cable to the Z Head... Yes... Broken wires in that thinner cable did happen..... There is a new 14 Pin FSC Cable and 2 Circuit Boards called the Z Bundle that is a GOOD FIX..... Prevents Z Stalls too.... AND since it was a older machine then the board sensor was not glued... See the picture above... Cut the back off..... If a LED falls out.... Well then you replace the sensor.... If both LED's are still attached... then pull the plastic lens and clean it... look at the hole to the center receiver too.

Yes, you could have a pinched wire too... but not as likely... Waiting on the white paper test....

What do you have to loose... cutting the back off the sensor.... I have one with masking tape on the back that has been ruining like that since the summer of 2008..... My last sensor problem....

I say get the machine up and running and make some family Christmas Presents with it.... Don't sell it...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-16-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hello,

Have you called LHR Tech yet to see if they can walk you through a variety of checks?
    I agree with Michael, it would be best to call LHR or arrange to have it sent in for repair. With the upgrade package it includes the shipping and upgrade the belts and QC to the new Carvetight! Plus let you know what else is going on.

I know you are out of warranty and Al is a great resource and will also help you solve your issues! I bet he won't mind you calling him and he doesn't charge a fee for his help!

Ike

Thanks Ike....

Sure enough.... My email and phone number are on the bottom of my web page.

Write or call..... I live for this..... Snicker....

AL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast