Thread: Help with a scan...

Default Help with a scan...

To all,

I installed my newly aquired probe this morning and attempted my first scan. TO ME, it appears to have come out fine when I look at the image in Pattern Editor but when I put it on a board in Designer, it looks lousy. I was wondering if anyone can take a look at the scanned image and let me know what they think and what I need to do to make it come out ok. I have NEVER used Pattern Editor before.

DPD Badge Scan.ptn

2. Default

It looks like you used either draft or normal to make the scan. It is a little rough but it should clean up ok in pattern editor. Try smoothing it.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    It looks like you used either draft or normal to make the scan. It is a little rough but it should clean up ok in pattern editor. Try smoothing it.
    We totally agree with this assessment!

Default Quality

Actually I used BEST quality for the scan

5. Default

Then the scanned item may have been a little too small. The solution still stands however. Use pattern editor and remove noise and/or smoothing and you should still get a good pattern out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrecco View Post
    To all,

I installed my newly aquired probe this morning and attempted my first scan. TO ME, it appears to have come out fine when I look at the image in Pattern Editor but when I put it on a board in Designer, it looks lousy. I was wondering if anyone can take a look at the scanned image and let me know what they think and what I need to do to make it come out ok. I have NEVER used Pattern Editor before.

DPD Badge Scan.ptn
    We can't do anything with a PTN file, only you can make changes to the PTN, We would need a copy of the original MPW file that you scanned. Looks like the Badge may have been loose on your Scanning Sled. The tapping of the probe on a loose object can give you a rough image.
    PM me with your e-mail, maybe I could help. BJB
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.