Thread: Scan Won't Download

Default Scan Won't Download

I scanned with the probe a portion of a CarveWright Pattern Store pattern that I had bought and carved. This is the first time I have used the probe and it was easy and convenient to use this pattern as a test case. It scanned fine and I verified that the scanned pattern is on the memory card using the flash manager. When I click "download scan" a window entitled "Download Scanned Pattern" appears. At the bottom I click "Download Scan". The Pattern Editor comes up and nothing more happens.

Anyone have any thoughts, and HELP?
    Thank you
    Jack

Have you tried "download scan" from the file menu in PE? (It has been awhile since I scanned and I cannot remember how it goes.)

It's been a while since I scanned anything, but if my memory is intact, once the Download Scan box opens, you select the scan from the list. (It should be listed in the box)
    Then click Download Scan. It takes a few minutes. Then it should show up in the editor. Watch the Red light on the programmer to see if it comes on, indicating it is being accessed.

Ed

Yes, bergerud, I did in PE and I get the same result, nothing.

Ed, when I select download scan in Designer the red light does come on and I get some text about checking things like firmware. But when I click "download scan" in the download scan box the red light does not come on and nothing happens.

Does the red light on the card reader blink? if so give it some time.
    thanks so much!
    karl

When the list of files on the card shows up , make sure that your select and highlight the file from the list that you want to download. Then click download scan. The selection is not automatic because you might have several scanned files ant the program needs to know which one.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I subsequently scanned a carving one of my carving club members carved and that scanned and came up in PE just like it is supposed too. I wonder if there is something about scanning a Pattern Store pattern?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jackh View Post
    I wonder if there is something about scanning a Pattern Store pattern?
    May be more likely a memory issue. How large is the scan that won't open?

It is 123K