Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scanning probe and rock chuck

Default Scanning probe and rock chuck

Will the scanning probe fit in a rock chuck?

Quote Originally Posted by wtlegits View Post
    Will the scanning probe fit in a rock chuck?
    Review this link about the Rock Chuck and the probe.
    The short answer is YES.
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...and-a-question
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Bud's right, I use mine in the Rock. A little snug but it fits just fine..
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

The shafts on the probes are usually a little chewed up from the use of the setscrews on them. This will make them feel tight in the precision bore of the Rock system. Carefully file off the burrs, and if it is still tight just wrap some sandpaper around the plastic shank of the probe, and twist it back and forth a few times to get it to slip in easily. When you tighten up the Rock chuck, tighten it just enough to keep it from slipping out. If you over tighten, it will crush the plastic shank of the probe, and could require another sanding. It doesnt take much to get it tight in the Rock chuck!

Hope this helps!

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

I have a rock chuck on my compucarve model A and was wondering which probe do I need to purchase. Do I need to buy the one with the carvetight press on adapter or quick change adapter? The pattern editor software is included with it correct? Will there be a shipping charge? I thought this sale was a good time for me to buy this add on. Thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by searcherman View Post
    I have a rock chuck on my compucarve model A and was wondering which probe do I need to purchase. Do I need to buy the one with the carvetight press on adapter or quick change adapter? The pattern editor software is included with it correct? Will there be a shipping charge? I thought this sale was a good time for me to buy this add on. Thanks for all the help!
    The scanning probe does not come with the pressed on adapter like the carving bits. Well just looked in the store and it shows the options you just stated, HMMMMM!

The shaft is 1/4" so if you rock is the 1/2" you might need the collet.

Yes the pattern editor software is included and the std $12.00 shipping charge.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I asked carvewright which one I need and they said "We do not have a Rock chuck here, But normally bis are ordered with No adapters for the Rock chuck. The probe doesn't come that way.If your chuck accepts 1/2" then order the carvetight,which is 1/2". Definitely not the quick change. Carvewright". My Rock chuck accepts 1/2" router bits, Can someone confirm that the carvetight probe will work with the rock chuck? THanks! I am new to carvewright!!!

Order the probe with the 0.5" sleeve already installed. This will fit your 0.5" Rock.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Carvewright yesterday had $100.00 off the scanning probe but when I went to order today it wasn't there anymore what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by searcherman View Post
    Carvewright yesterday had $100.00 off the scanning probe but when I went to order today it wasn't there anymore what is going on?
    Sale price was only good until the 14th. They must of still had the sale price up yesterday.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast