Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: z axis stall error 236

Default z axis stall error 236

About 75% through a project I received this message. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am basically a mental midget when it comes to computers.

2. Default

I think we know what this issue is. Please call us or send us an email with your phone number, so we can get you back up and running.
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright

did you ever get answer to the erroe 236? I had the same msg today.

Terry,

I have had the same z stall error plus the y stall error the last 2 days. Did all of the steps in the trouble shooting guide for all of the Y and Z stalls and everything checked out.

Just got off the phone with the tech and they will be sending a new power supply to me.

Barry, LHR Tech, said that when I was getting both error messages it was an indication of a power supply problem. Also the screen would go blank right after the error msg was displayed.

I was lucky enough yesterday that after several attempts it did let me complete a centerline carve. Today was not so lucky. It would start the carve and stop right at the same exact spot.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If anyone still has the older style Z Pack with the longer cooling fins you really need to get the newer version with the 14 pin wire called the Z Bundle. That eliminates most Z Problems.

Keep your Z Belt clean, the cogs collect sawdust and jam causing the Z Stall.

AL

If anyone still has the older style Z Pack with the longer cooling fins you really need to get the newer version with the 14 pin wire called the Z Bundle. That eliminates most Z Problems.

Al,
    Not to be a *** but I have the old Z packs that run 100%
    on two carvewrights.. should I replace them?

Update.
    I just installed a new Z pack and it seems to carve cleaner so it's a good fix ...

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 11-24-2008 at 09:40 PM.

I've got one machine with the new Z-Pak and another with the original Z-Pak - both are doing fine.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Update!

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Terry,

I have had the same z stall error plus the y stall error the last 2 days. Did all of the steps in the trouble shooting guide for all of the Y and Z stalls and everything checked out.

Just got off the phone with the tech and they will be sending a new power supply to me.

Barry, LHR Tech, said that when I was getting both error messages it was an indication of a power supply problem. Also the screen would go blank right after the error msg was displayed.

I was lucky enough yesterday that after several attempts it did let me complete a centerline carve. Today was not so lucky. It would start the carve and stop right at the same exact spot.

Power supply rolled in about 2 pm today. Had it installed and restarted the carving from above by 2:30.

Ran like a champ! A little over 2 hour double sided carve. Restarted in the exact same spot and ran straight through with NO error messages.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Unhappy Deja vu all over again!

Well I got the old Xstall, Zstall and LCD display goes out before I could hit the stop button errors on Saturday. I knew exactly what it was after it did the exact same thing at the same spot on the re carve. Verified all connections and checked power supply to see if I could see any thing obvious. Called LHR and re confirmed what I knew/suspected. The tech did sound surprised that it was the power supply as I just put a new one in August. He had me call back in today to check about any warranty on the power supply.

Mr. Helpbott was answering the phones today and we went through what was wrong. Like my title states, he was the tech who did my first call about the stall error msg. Well no luck on the warranty as it was over 30 days and my machine warranty ended in Sept. I did not totally expect to get any coverage but had a little ray of hope since the first tech made mention of it.

So now since it is coming up on the holiday it will be probably the first of next week before I get my power supply in. Already have the garage 3/4 cleaned up and reorganized (surprised that no one commented about that on my crappie pictures, or glad they did not!) and will get the crappie crated up for UPS, finish my trout, get them boxed up, get some litho boxes made, take the dog out for a good run and try to keep from going nucking futs until the first of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Power supply rolled in about 2 pm today. Had it installed and restarted the carving from above by 2:30.

Ran like a champ! A little over 2 hour double sided carve. Restarted in the exact same spot and ran straight through with NO error messages.
    Last edited by fwharris; 11-26-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Corrected Helpbot name
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

I think you could have a loose power on/off switch..

turn her on her side and look at the conection, I was hearing some crackeling noise on mine..

LG

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast