Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now I have no idea! Can anyone help?

To close out this post: After help from all (especially you AL) and troubleshooting; replaced the cable, the Z motor and went ahead and got a new board sensor and the machine is carving like new. I will post a picture of the peice later today.

Thanks again!

Eddie

Attachment 39650Here are the two projects after repairing the machine, thanks again to all.Attachment 39649

Maia Guest

Hi everyone, I have the same problem Eddie had with the error E03-0400. I read the whole thread and have noticed that he was able to fix it with a cable...does that mean that my problem is also because of that?
    I am very frustrated since I got the carvewright. I bought it from my uncle, he used it a few times only and in short time a lot of things started malfunctioning. One of them is that the sensor for the lid stopped working, then we had to change the quick release chuck because it wouldn't hold the bit properly anymore, and finally, today we changed the board edge sensor...quite a lot of things I'd say for a machine that has only been used a few times. My uncle said it gave him many headaches, that the sensor is so sensitive it wouldn't recognize any wood without him glueing a piece of white paper or masking tape on it. He said he tried using lights on top of the machine and all sorts of things.
    I am all the way in Bolivia and it's quite hard getting technical help to fix this problems, anyone have any ideas?
    Also, one humble question to all, I bought this machine to be able to make carvings and things that I would later sell. I read in many postings that the carvewright is a hobby machine and I'm starting to wonder if I did the right thing and whether I will have these problems all the time...
    any ideas will be greatly appreciated!
    Maia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123