Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now I have no idea! Can anyone help?

Default Now I have no idea! Can anyone help?

Well, about a month ago I started getting Z axis errors; carving too deep, etc... I went through all the troubleshooting and tips provided by the wonderful people here on the forum. Finally determined that I needed a new Z motor. Got one, installed it and now it seems that EVERYTHING is off or wrong on the machine. I was told to reset calibrations, did the reset to default/factory settings with NO RESULTS. I cannot get through the manual calibration steps becauses I cannot get past an edge detection error E03-0400. It appears that the machine starts to look for the edge about 2 inches into the board and not at the edge. I do a sensor check and get good data from X, Y and Z axis and board detections. Any ideas on where I should begin? Thanks.

I fell I should note that I have had my machine about 19 months and have never had a problem with it until now...I guess now I am making up for a year and half of trouble free carving?

Eddie

First thing is reformat the card and load the designer again.... Second time I recommended that tonight.... The operating system is on the card.... Do all cards.....

Let us know from there....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Unhappy Nope, no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    First thing is reformat the card and load the designer again.... Second time I recommended that tonight.... The operating system is on the card.... Do all cards.....

Let us know from there....

AL
    AL,

My apologies for not mentioning that in my decsription. I did that, and have just done it again. Running version 1.175, formatted card, loaded designer on card. or did you mean to reload designer on the computer? If you ment the card, I just did it again and no luck. The machine is still acting like it is trying to find the edge of the board about 2 inches in from the edge; and I am not able to manual calibrate or do anything beyond edge detection error (same error as my previous post). I am still getting good sensor readings on X, Y, and Z and board detection. Although now it doesn't show any value change on the Y sensor with the truck all the way to the keyboard side (left as you look at the front of the machine), but when I move the truck about to were it looks for the edge (almost exactly 2" in from zero) I do get Y value changes when I move the Y axis by hand.

Thank you and to all others who help out here on the forums! I have learned so much from everyone, again Thanks

Eddie

Good Job so far.... Yes, I mentioned doing the Card.

Now we check the Board Detector.... Place a white piece of copy paper on the board and crank it down.

Use Options and Sensor Data and check the Board Detector. With White Paper you should read about 156.... A 90 is bad....

Bad readings can be caused by a bad sensor, dirty inside window, or dirty outside window.

GOOD readings.... Well then we have the Board Color.... Dark boards can be a problem.... Not reflecting enough light.... Masking Tape on the board will help.....

Let us Know... It might just be a BLIND sensor rather than a Y Problem.... It goes from the left to right looking for the board detector to see the edge.... Getting to the 2 inch point and deciding it did not see the edge might be the definition of your fault.... Hey... Where was that board edge?.....

Let us know...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Default Ok, thanks AL

AL,

With a peice of white paper on the board, the board reading is a 56...I am about to clean the board sensor and will let you know if that changes.

Thanks again

Eddie

Board Sensor Problems can be a few things... The Most common is dust behind the lens.... The worst is one of 2 LED's has snapped off.... The new board detectors from LHR have been glued along the edge ending the broken LED problems... But they still pop up since they are found in all older machines.

I find the best way to fix a dirty lens is to just cut down the back...... That bump in the back and remove it.... If the LED falls out... Well then you have the problem..... There are 2 LED's or lights and one receiver in the center to see the reflective light...

The window slides out and in easily when the back is removed. I use masking tape on the back of the holder to seal it back up.

Let us know....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09540_WEB.jpg   DSC08509_WEB.jpg  

AL,

I took the board sensor out, gave her a gentle blow of caned air and re-installed. Now with a white peice of paper I get a board sensor reading of 156...

I am about to see if she will detect the edge now. thanks again and I will let all know how it goes.

Eddie

Ok, now getting 156 as a board sensor reading, but still can do ANYTHING (measure length, width, etc...) without getting the same "Edge detection failed ERR E03-0400" message. The truck did something different this time, when I powered up the machine it went through the homing (Z went up to the mechanical stop and Y went all the way to the left) before it attempted any function. I guess this is progress? Before it wouldn't move at all, just repeated the error message above.

Thanks again

Eddie

What color is your board? A Dark board will do this..... Covering the board with masking tape where left and right measurements are made and each end....

A normal yellow board and it should work normally..... then there is something else wrong....

Let us Know...

AL

AL,

It is normal peice of light select pine. just in case, I ran a strip of tape where it measures and still get the edge detect error.

Eddie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast