Thread: Off Topic but...

Default Off Topic but...

To all,

I know this is off topic, but I wasnt sure which forum would be best for this...

I recently started up my website and would like to know how all you guys that have businesses and websites do your advertising to get people to your site and to make sales. I tried the FACEBOOK ads, the Google ADWORDS and MYSPACE ads so far and I have had 1 (yes ONE) order. Obviously I am just starting my business out of my home so I dont have much to spend on advertising at the moment.

Also, I saw some of your websites where you guys display all your graphics that people can choose from to make a sign / project. How do you do this? What are some of your methods? I cant remember who's website I was looking at but it looked like when I clicked on a catagory of graphics to choose from, it looked like it was showing the pattern depot.

Another question.. Do any of you guys (or gals) create any form of either printed catalog or CD style catalog to give to customers along with your website? If so, what do you use?

Any help / suggestions / tips on how to get things going with my site would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Wayne G.

Wayne,

Not Off Topic one bit... All Part of running a Successful CarevWright Based Business.... When I opened PoconoDigital and AccountabilityTag.com and after posting hundreds of pictures.... Well it seams like hundreds.... People started finding me.... Even for 911 Street Address Signs.... When you post your pictures there is a place to post TAG's.... words that someone would search for your product.... And you can load up the list even miss spelling the words.... I was searching on eBay the other day and came up with 4 items in a search and saw I had miss spelled the search word a C for a S.... The correct came up with a hundred.... Wooden Signs... Your Zip Code... = Business 4U.....

I use the Yahoo Business Website that has many limitations... There are many Site Developers and even look at the bottom of a site that you like and see who WROTE IT.... Web Designers love to Tag the work they do....

So others will follow this with a better answer for your question and possible offers to Write a Site for you...

I post pictures on ALL WORK I do.... With the Signs, I ask people to look at the page and tell me what they like... It is common with the Signs that I send a Customer a email with a dozen Designer Screen Shots with different Fonts and Ideas to pick from...

Good Luck,

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-06-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

Most of the traffic will come from search engines. So when you build your site you want it to come up, at least, on the first page when a particular search term is used. Make sure there is lots of original content in your site and that it is obviously set up for what ever search terms you want to be found by. If "carving" is a term that you want people to find you by then make sure you use the word multiple times in your content.