Thread: Importing into Pattern Editor

Default Importing into Pattern Editor

I have a project in Designer that I want to import into Pattern Editor and clean up and I can't figure how to do it. In designer it will only save in an .mpc file and PE will only accept an mpw or a ptn file....any help would be appreciate. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by carrothers View Post
    I have a project in Designer that I want to import into Pattern Editor and clean up and I can't figure how to do it. In designer it will only save in an .mpc file and PE will only accept an mpw or a ptn file....any help would be appreciate. thanks.
    If your designer project consists of entirely raster elements, you can select them all then then choose "make pattern". This will create a new pattern that you can edit in PE. Vector elements can not be edited or even brought in to PE. It might be helpful if you could post your MPC.
    Doug Fletcher

Default mpc trying to get into PE

attached is my mpc file
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Default

You will not be able to make a pattern with what is on your MPC. One or more items ( I'm guessing the horse pattern) is owned by someone else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenShot.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    You will not be able to make a pattern with what is on your MPC. One or more items ( I'm guessing the horse pattern) is owned by someone else.
    Thats what I thought too when I first looked at it. So I removed the horse from the group and I still get the same message. So now raster text and carve regions get "owned" too? Or is this just another bug?

Edit: The carve region is ok... but both the horse (understandable) and the raster text (no so understandable) give this message. I'm running 1.175

Second edit: I did notice if I just "edit" the text (ie.. make a change then change it back), it will let me "make a pattern". So if you created the horse pattern, you should be fine. Just group all the items EXCEPT the path and the use Make Pattern under the tools menu with the group selected.
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 10-22-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by carrothers View Post
    attached is my mpc file

Do you own the Horse pattern? If you do then double click on the PTN in the favorites window and it will auto load to your pattern editor.
    You can only change the PTN in the PE; if it is not your pattern then you need a MPW file to load it to the PE.

The license code of the owner is embedded in the pattern.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.