Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Topic but just wanted to share

Ken I feel for you, we were dumped 20" of snow yesterday. All highways into this area were closed down. I had drifts 3 to 4' high, and like you my dogs looked at it and said NO WAY. I had to make a path for them to get out. Today I got the tractor out and bladed the drive, then took the step daughter to work. While I was out a neighbor with a road grader bladed the road. tractor out again to get the snow ridge out of the drive. temp has been a high of 11 today, and expected to get -11 tonight. Now just so you know I an in south west Missouri. We get some temperatures below 32, but not staying below for long. As for snow, ok we get one good load each year, and it begins melting the next day.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Eddie,

It's been a while, "1964" I spent a a January and February about 135 mile North/East of you
    in the frozen red Missouri mud at a little touch of Heaven called Fort Leonard Wood,
    it had some really Rustic accommodations as I recall.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Eddie
    I'm close , up by Warrensburg. We got around 18" with 35 mph wind. They closed the manufacturing plant I work at last 2 days. Univercities are closed , I-70 from K.C. to St. Louis was closed for about 12 hr. We haven't had it this bad since '62.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Smile

Well, getten to spend a lot of tiime in the shop. Machine too loud for carving, got what needed done. As you can see got 21" of the white stuff yesterday. Just think 3 days prior went to Springfield, Missouri and it was 65 degrees. Tomorrow morning will be around -10 below. Sometimes it is really nice being retired and stuck at home out in the country. Gotta love Missouri weather. Changes so quickly!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Storm.jpg   2011 Storm (2).jpg   2011 Storm (3).jpg  

Hey Smoken, that looks like my deck. You know what they say in Mo., if you don't like the weather today wait til tommorow.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Did I mention the sun is out and bright! Made it to 38 degrees today and no snow!!! Sorry I just wanted to brighten you day with my sun! Oh Ken in 1964 this time of year I was 5 months old!!!

Ike

Ken you would not reconize Fort Leonard Wood now. You know all the luxuries of modern life.

Dan I sent it your way, same for smoken D, hope you guys like the snow. Now come get this stuff that was left here, it is free for the taken.

Smoken d living in the country is the only way to go now days.

I am in Newton county about 25 miles south of Joplin.

IKE hush, shame on you rubbing salt in our wounds. We will remember this when the fires and mud slides start up in CA again. (smile)
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Ah gee I was just trying to help! BTW, the mudslides and fires were in Southern Ca.! I am in Northern Ca in the mountains!. 4 hours from Oregon and 1 hour to Nevada! I am just amazed we usually have 4 feet of snow this time of year!

Anyway room at my home if any need to warm up!

Ike

Hmmmm --- But Ike, ---- doesn't that put you around that Honey Lake Fault Zone
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Hmmmm --- But Ike, ---- doesn't that put you around that Honey Lake Fault Zone
    Yep Honey lake if you want to call it a lake is up the road near Herlong Army depot!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast