Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW Projects that put MONEY in your pocket.... Lets see yours....

Default OK... topic revisited....

I had second thoughts about this post... A little my EGO getting the best of me posting my latest project... And asking for others to post things that they "you" are making money from using the CW....

It must have been the Alcohol Fumes for cleaning the tags last night that had me try to delete the whole thread....

So back to a active thread.... Show us your products....

I was talking to MT today in another GREAT phone call and when I look at my Business Income for the year, almost every dollar has a CW Connection..... Except for Metal 911 and Street signs.... I have not fired my Laser in 6 months..... That should change, with some Anodized Tags I am developing...

Show us your CW Money Makers.....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BC2.jpg   BC.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-20-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Deleted Post
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

What do you mean TMI???????? We're all in this to make a few bucks. My biggest money maker are my Lithopanes.....

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Default Some

of my items are US Quarter boards and crosses .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArrowII.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	39412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quarter I.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	39411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Playing.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	39410
    They pay for the wood and incidentals. The Scout Awards are cost only. Same goes for the military seals.
    Eva

I don't know if I am into carving to make money, not yet at least. That's not to say I haven't made a couple of bucks on a project or two......lithos seem to be the most desired project. I love showing the "magic" that happens when you show someone the plain unlit litho, then hold it up to a light source and watch their faces. They are ALWAYS amazed (as am I)........

I may get into carving for cash someday......but right now I am making projects for family and friends. I only accept money, if at all, for the cost of the materials. Corian and hardwoods are not cheap. I would like to add a little for wear and tear on the machine, maybe put a few bucks per project into an account to fix or replace my machine should I need it (and I will).

But right now, the joy of carving and sharing it with family, friends, and even you guys, is payment enough.....

Kinda sappy isn't it??

David

With almost 300 hrs on my machine, i doubt i have made $200.00, but the smiles, the hugs, and the appreciation from customers/family members is always worth it. If i could get materials and $5.00 per project to put towards the machine i would be happy. IF i had more time to make samples/enough to have a booth at a flea market, i would be too busy to do anything else.
    Mike

I done well, making signs enough to pay for the 4 machines I have bought over the last 4 years! I need to take some photos of my recent commercial signs, one of the commercial orders I made enough to pay for my latest CW!

Here are a few that has paid for the others!

Ike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Christmas 09 092.jpg   Dr. Meadows 007.jpg  

Default wedding bells a ringing

I've had some success doing wedding monograms....this one is about 1' x 3'. 2" thick foam...had to be light-weight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jkmhigh.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	762.0 KB 
ID:	39502

I have good sucess with a lot of items, key chains, coasters, clocks, special request, address signs. I make tiems just to give them away and the word spreads Showing your wares at a local craft show will do a lot by getting your name out in the public. Word of mouth does a lot of good. I'm waiting for a meeting with one of the local high school for the key chain and coasters fund raisers. Be carefull what you ask for, you just might get it. If they ask for a 100 key chains I will be busy for sime time, of couse I can make 21 at a time. As long as you make a good product and can repeat it every time you will do well, I like to tell the people that most of the time the product is one of a kind or that it is the only one in the world like it on speial request. I can sell a snowball to a eskimo.
    Check my web site and most all of the items I have sold at least one of them.
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com

Myshop1044

Perry
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

i do well with bible boxs the real key is the custom tops

This project took a week and netted $1624.00 Gross..... Sure was nice to pay my bills..... It's been lean for a while...

Delivered at a Philly Fire Muster.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast