Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Err E06-0313

I have my 1/8 inch locking ring all the way to the end just before the cutting flutes. What I believe is happening is that LHR has tightened up the length tolerance for the 1/8 inch carving bit. If a after market chuck is used and the bit is installed longer than the QC Bit OR the Carve Tite Bit as can be done with a after market chuck then the machine throws a fit.... Hence the Error Code..... Place a Locking Ring on YOUR bit so the bit can be installed at a similar length as the Carve Tite or the QC. Since everyone else is doing just fine with a Rock Chuck it comes down to Pilot Error... Shorten the bit and start carving. If this fails to work then let us know. If you installed the 1/16 carving bit when you were asked to install the 1/8 inch cutting bit and got the same error.... It is because it expects the correct length for the 1/8th bit and you installed the SHORT 1/16th bit. It's not about the Bit being bad.... It's all about installing the correct bit at the correct EXPECTED length.... any other and the machine tells you there is a problem.

Why the 1/8 inch bit tolerance was tightened up is something that only LHR Knows for sure.... I might simply be to prevent a TOO LONG of a 1/8 inch bit from TRIPPING on the way left to right or right to left snapping off your $40.00 bit....

So most likely no conspiracy here... No need to call Jesse Ventura.... Just a safety change to prevent you from installing too long of a bit... Saving YOU money...

Just my 2 cents.... I could be wrong..... I have been wrong many times before....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-13-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

2. Default

Just recieved a rebuild machine with carve tight update. So far have successfully completed 4 projects but on two of them had some E06-0313 errors each time I was able to restart the carve on the same board and complete the cut with no problem. Thought maybe the bit was slipping out slightly during the carve and causing the stall but rechecked and found it was fully seated and tight. After the last one checked the z truck and while it moved it seemed a little tight but having no previous experience with the machine dont really know how tight is too tight. Did a quick clean and lube of both the z and x rails and completed the carve with no further stalls only time will tell if the problem comes back or not.

Daniel Smith
    Quarry Designs Wood Working

JerryB,
    Did you screw the Rock on all the way? As I recall, you can tighten it on the spindle threads either too low or too high. Maybe yours is a little too low, putting the collared bits too low also. If you spin the Rock on too high, it might drag on the spindle housing.
    Ron

Thanks everyone... I'm now up and running again. I checked the length of the cutting bit with my carving bit and there was a small difference in length (carving bit was longer). I then put it on the grinder and made them both the same length and all is working fine now. I am now using all of my bits without the collars and checked them all to make sure that they're all the same length. It's wierd that just that one carving bit (out of 5) was about 1/16 longer than all of my 1/4 bits. It does make sense that something has been done that the machine is now more "picky" with the bits. I'm just glad that I'm up and working again. I may try later to find me some type of shrink tube that I can cut just a small piece to make a thin collar for the bits. That way I make sure that they are always set at the exact same depth in to the RC. Anyway, thanks again for everyone's help and suggestions. Once again the Sawdust Dream Team comes through!
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

5. Default

Still having on again off again z stall eo6-0313, happened twice today on same project at totally different places on the carve, both times was able to resart and finally finished the project on the third try. Two other carves since then with no problems this a recently rebuilt machine with carvetight update and latest software any thoughts on what could be causing this intermitten error?

Daniel Smith
    Quarry Designs Wood Working
    Last edited by quarrydesigns; 11-17-2010 at 05:04 PM.

1st day back out of the hospital and wheeled chair to the shop, and fired up the CW selected a simple name carving, and immediately got "Z Axis Stall error E06 0313" I manually moved the truck up and down then I hit #7 "FYI no bit installed" selected length, and it measured just fine, then I measured width, and did just fine, I selected thickness and placed the 1/8th cutting bit in and it went all the way down to the touch off plate and as it was traveling up I got the error e06 0313. So I started the whole process over again 6 times and it just keeps erroring out, so I moved the truck up and down several times and I notice it was easy to move up and down, Finlay it got hard to move up and down, "As it should normally" I selected #7 again and it went through the length, width, and thickness ok. I then selected a different project "Name and Address sign 3/4 x 10 x 24" as soon as it started honing it error-ed out again same error. I called LHR and went through the whole sha-bang with no help. The suggested the z-motor, so I ordered one and some new rails. I got to thanking about it and looked at my last order and I just put a new z-motor on 9-21-10. I called them back and ask if the z-motor in warranty was good for 30 days they said it was, but you have to send it in to them for testing before they honor, I have no problem with that. While I was working on my CW I notice the Y-truck had a hire line crack in it where the screw attach's the z-motor "Right hand side" so I ordered a Y-truck also. I am hoping that the hire line crack was causing the z-motor to move, and maybe that why I was getting the error.

Daniel
    If I were you I would check the Y-Truck if is out of kilter this may be your problem. If you have access to a good dial indicator I would check from side to side on the Y-truck, If you don't have access to one then I would take it all off and clean and reassemble it. As Al says just my 2 cents.
    Poppy

Got my parts in today and I am up and running. It was the crack in the Y-truck, whitch caused the z-motor to move, and this gave the e06 0313 error.
    Poppy

Quote Originally Posted by lhanner View Post
    Got my parts in today and I am up and running. It was the crack in the Y-truck, whitch caused the z-motor to move, and this gave the e06 0313 error.
    Lon,

Thats great to hear!!! Make some dust now!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345