Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Err E06-0313

First for TIM..... In the Words of the Robot in Lost in Space...... DANGER DANGER Young Will Robinson.... DANGER...... From Tim: I blew out the 14 pin connector and reinserted the FFC without the protective cover. Fired the machine and everything works just fine. I think what happened was a small amount of dust made its way into the connector and was causing the error. I am going to run a project and see how it goes.

I did that once.... The FSC cable drooped and snagged something on the way to the Bit Plate and jerked the cable down and out under power..... It Destroyed the Z Servo Motor...... I had extra motors and swapped parts until I fixed it again... Guessing what I blew UP...... REPLACE the top FSC black Cap.... It supports the FSC CABLE from drooping....

Now to Lon.... GREAT JOB fixing the machine...... and finding the loose Power Supply Wire.... and LONG 1/8 inch Bit.... GREAT JOB !!!!!

AL

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks Al. I am replacing the cover first thing in the morning. I haven't run a project yet and had much rather have things back in the original position. I know you stay busy Al but if you ever had time to write a service manual you could make a killing. Thank you for all of your help.
    Gimme Steam.

Question for Lon or anyone who has the answer. I just installed my Rock and have a similar problem as described. What should the dimension be from the tip of the bit to the face of the chuck, with/without collet? I was doing a project with a mixed carve region and with vector paths; carve went well, but bit dug deep at start of vector. Maybe other issues are involved, too? Appreciate help. Thnx, Joe
    Plea of Insanity for Addiction to ol' H-D Sporters

Quote Originally Posted by kool69sporty View Post
    Question for Lon or anyone who has the answer. I just installed my Rock and have a similar problem as described. What should the dimension be from the tip of the bit to the face of the chuck, with/without collet? I was doing a project with a mixed carve region and with vector paths; carve went well, but bit dug deep at start of vector. Maybe other issues are involved, too? Appreciate help. Thnx, Joe
    The statement, in red, leads me to think the answer may be in the MPC rather than the placement of the bit. Most "Vector" bits are shorter than the Carving or Cutting bit. Therefore, I suggest that you attach the MPC for us to see. Point out the deep area it carved.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

1st if you are using the 1/8 cutting bit from Ron Justus I had to grind of 1/8" off the top and chamfer it so it will go into the Colet. Set it at 1 1/16 from the bottom of the bit to the bottom of the Colet. this will give you 1/16th clearance if you are cutting 1" deep. I set my carving bit to 1" from the bottom of the bit to the bottom of the Colet. I am sure you already know 3/4" is about the depth for carving and 1" for cutting. Hope this helps
    Poppy

Thanks to Lon & Bud for their replies. Ron Justice said that bits should be 1 to 1 1/8" projection with the Rock Chuck, so Lon you are right on. Bud, sorry for missing the MPC attachment, I should know by now after watching the forum almost day over the past 2 months; but that said, your thought got me to try an older file of mixed raster & vector carves. That carve went well & when I went back to the problem file, I found I tried to carve a foam block that was more that 1/4" below the side rails on the carving sled. When I used a new block equal heigth, all went well. Thnx again, guys, this is a great forum thanks to the many folks willing to share their experience & knowledge. Joe
    Plea of Insanity for Addiction to ol' H-D Sporters

I'm having the same problem as Lhanner only I get Board Find Fault Error 313 Press Stop & also Board Find Fault Error 1009 Press Stop. I'm trying to carve a half a horse for my granddaughter. I have one side & trying to get the other side so I can glue them together to make one horse. Thank you for your help. Duuky 63

I am confused... This is a 2 sided project and you are getting the error?

If SO then are you using 1.175? There are 2 posts about a bug in 1.175 with a 2 sided carving. LHR is working on it...

I am thinking this is your problem....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Yes I'm using 1.175 & yes it is a 2side pattern. But I only want to carve the one side. My board is 9.25 X 24 X 3/4 with 3 1/2" on each side because I'm using a 1/2" sled. The pattern size is 7.500"x 5.459". Would it help if I cut my board down smaller in lenght?

OK... I see your problem..... The Cut Path is the reason you have this problem....

When you install the 1/8 inch Cutting Bit for the Cut Path it is TOO LONG in the holder....

Shorten it up and you will be back in Busisness...

Not bad for a 2 AM reply.... I just put the last batch of tags into the UV Oven and have some time to kill before I can shut it off for then night and get some sleep....

AL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast